CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #21
Rahsaan Kimbrow

Profile:
Re: paying CrossFit trainers

my experience in training has been in the big box model......in that system... if the trainer only worked weekends and had clients..... thats their choice(for the most part)..... and pay reflected that...

but the group fitness format of CF might make things a bit more complicated?

are CF trainers just group class assistants? group class leaders? do they do one-on-one? floor attendants?

training is alot different than 9 to 5.... so different rules will apply...

i'm just thinking out loud though
Old 11-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #22
Christopher Isernio

Profile:

I was thinking of paying the trainers a flat fee for training group classes and any one on one that they get from the gym like a 60 40 split, 60 to the house. If the trainer brings people in the gym and does only one on one with their client then it would be a 70 30 split, 70 to the trainer and 30 to the house. If the trainer brings in someone who wants to do group classes they would get a bonus of $50 and that's it. What do you guys think?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:06 AM   #23
Jay Hanewinkel

Profile:

Marc,

I'm planning on opening an affiliate in St. Pete, FL when I get back from Iraq next spring. I'll be getting out of the army to open it and I have sufficient funding to open the place with no loans and no partners/investors. Send me an email. jay.hanewinkel@hotmail.com
Old 11-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #24
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Isernio View Post
I was thinking of paying the trainers a flat fee for training group classes and any one on one that they get from the gym like a 60 40 split, 60 to the house. If the trainer brings people in the gym and does only one on one with their client then it would be a 70 30 split, 70 to the trainer and 30 to the house. If the trainer brings in someone who wants to do group classes they would get a bonus of $50 and that's it. What do you guys think?
I used to get good Hindi food in Elmont.