CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
Lisa Sanfilippo

Profile:
I was not really sure where to post this...... Anyway, is anyone familiar with post hysterectomy and CrossFit workouts other then scaling the workouts? Other then taking out part of your insides that is the extent of my knowledge in this matter. I have 3 women excited about getting back to Crossfit training but nervous about pulling something. The Doc has said to rest for 6 weeks. (eeek, That's a lot of muscle atrophy.) For example "sit and stand" "static push-up" could this be too much?
Thanks ahead of time for any info. on the matter.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
Dan Silver

Profile:

I think the general rule for surgical recovery and working out is to take it slow and work accessory muscles first. Then, as intensity increases, one can start to actively engage the (previously sewn together) effected area, lightly at first. Any surgery that involves an incision through the abdominal wall is going to take a long time to heal. Crossfit is great for rehab though, just have your friends remember to take it easy.

-D.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
Pat Janes

Profile:

I'm not sure I can offer practical advice, but it'll be a tough place to avoid. Most any exercise of good standing will require a certain degree of "core activation" smack bang in the middle of the site of the surgery.

I know that after each of my wife's 4 C-sections, she wasn't even able to raise her arms fully above her head for the 1st week or two; similar (same?) area.

As per Dan's advice, take it easy, CF is great for rehab, work on what you can, when you can, with medical supervision/advice.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:14 AM   #4
Lisa Sanfilippo

Profile:
Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it. Lisa