CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-06-2005, 10:41 AM   #11
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Jim,
You are me one year ago. Improvement comes slowly, but it comes. My mile time went from 11 min to 9:03 last week, and that was after 7 good cleans (set PR's in both).

As someone who was never much of a lifter, I can tell you that this is what you've been looking for. Improvement is relative, not objective. Your gains are your gains, and no one else's (we all take them as victories though). It's good to compare your performance to others, just don't get caught up in it. I try to keep up with guys like Larry who are my age and weight. He smokes my times and weights because he's a stud cop, and I'm an ordinary English teacher. That doesn't mean I can't shoot for his times in certain benchmarks.

Keep posting to the WOD comments and keep track of your progress. Don't be afraid to brag when you hit a PR. Like I said, we all count it as a victory!