CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Ryan Kirk

Profile:
I started practicing CrossFit on April 17, 2006. I did a test recommended by the Mens Journal that consisted of - among other things - pull-ups. At the time I could do 2 un-assisted pull-ups.

Since that time I have mostly been doing the CFWU and scaling the WOD to fit my level of fitness. I have also been practicing some of the more advanced and unfamiliar moves with little or no weight in order to get my form where it should be. My main goal was to do the CFWU unassisted without taking a break. I was giving myself 3 months to accomplish this goal.

Yesterday I was so excited to actually complete a CFWU without taking a break. So in other words in 1.5 months I have gone from being able to do just 2 pull-ups to 35 (actually I did 1 extra in the last set just because I could).

I can honestly say that because of CrossFit and following the Zone diet I am in the best shape I have ever been - and I can only see things getting better in the future. CrossFit has given me the energy to excel in other aspects of my life as well. I am more confident, positive, and motivated than ever before.

My body fat has dropped from 17% to 12% and I can really see a difference in the mirror, which makes me smile now. My goal is to continue to increase my performance to be able to do the WOD and to reach a BF of 5-7%.

I have tried getting my BF% down for many years using the conventional "wisdom" touted in ye ole commercial gym. I now know for a fact that I will reach my goals because of the results I see thus far and the results posted from members of this outstanding community.

I look forward to posting here again when I reach my new goals.

Thanks to all of you at headquarters and in the community!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
Jeremy Froley

Profile:
Congratulations on the great work and reaching your goals!!

Keep up the good work!!!