CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #51
Rick Hardin

Profile:
Re: Please help me clean up my diet

You've been working on this for about five months now, have you seen any progress or changes to your body comp at all?

If so continue as planned......if not.....you'll need to decide just how bad you want this and make some sacrifices.

You might just need to live with the hunger pains for a while, up the cardio and really push yourself. It's not always fun but it's good to see what you're really made of.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #52
Luke Hale

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hardin View Post
You've been working on this for about five months now, have you seen any progress or changes to your body comp at all?

If so continue as planned......if not.....you'll need to decide just how bad you want this and make some sacrifices.

You might just need to live with the hunger pains for a while, up the cardio and really push yourself. It's not always fun but it's good to see what you're really made of.
I've gained muscle and got bigger arms, shoulders, back etc, and dropped fat in most areas - except my waist!

Developed quite a 'V' shape - apart from around the middle! I reckon I must be carrying 20lbs there that I could really do without.

If I drop all or most of the milk, will I be eating enough?

I don't want to be bonking on WODs
Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #53
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

If you're dropping fat in general, then your diet is working. You may just be genetically disposed to store fat around your waist, meaning the spare tire will be the last thing to go as you slim down.

Katherine
Old 08-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #54
Laura Kurth

Profile:

hmm if you are trying to lose weight, I don't recommend you 'drink' so many calories. Eating food would likely fill you up more than drinking hundreds of calories per day from milk.

Plug all the food you are eating into www.fitday.com and you will have your answer.

If you are visibly losing fat then thats good, but at 5'10 and 200 pounds i'm guessing you are looking to drop some #, so get on the fitday and figure out the best way to reduce your caloric intake while keeping your energy up.

and yes, if you are dieting to lose weight then you are going to be hungry smoetimes, it's just a sad fact.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #55
Luke Hale

Profile:

Another update.

I've cut out a lot of the milk. I've also finally started to understand the zone and am now trying to keep everything in zone proportions and am starting with 19 blocks (large male as per CF Journal 21)

In order to get enough carb blocks I've reintroduced some 'unfavourable' carbs as trying to get enough carbs from veg is just too stressful at the moment (gettin married in under 3 weeks!)

typical day now looks something like this:

5 block breakfast

3 eggs, 1oz bacon on 1 toasted English muffin with butter and 1 cup milk

5 block lunch

4oz meat, 1oz cheese on wholemeal bread with olive oil

2 block snack

2oz meat or cheese or 2 hard boiled eggs, apple, 6 cashews

5 block dinner

meat, big salad, fruit and either olive oil or cashews

2 block late snack

2 cups milk, tsp natural peanut butter

I know there's some bad carbs but not every day is the same. Not having bread every lunchtime.

I feel better, I have more energy, I am less stressed and less worried that my next meal will take a long time to prep and won't fill me up etc.

I will work more of the bad carbs out over time.

also I have never had a problem eating bread and grains etc. Don't make me feel bloated or sluggish etc

I figure if the worst thing I eat on any typical day is a slice of bread or two things aren't all that bad!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #56
Alec Sean Kellish

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Hale View Post
yeah I think I'll slowly start phasing them out

for now I think will have to stick to cereals for breakfast, but I will ditch the morning sandwich and replace the potato at lunch with salad/veg

and will buy more nuts to increase afternoon snacks

slightly worried that I'll end up hungry between meals though
Well it sounds like you are leaning more towards a paleo way of eating. Just remember Paleo isn't how much food your eating, it is the quality. So basically eat when your hungry but eat smartly