CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #51
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Re: Feel really full on the Zone diet...something is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt Bukowski View Post
My position is that crossfit has some very good ideas(fitness as opposed to sport) but doesn't have enough emphasis on aerobic work and too much emphasis on very large amounts of repetitions of just a few repetitive exercises.
How about this then - it is quite simple, really - do the WOD that is posted on the main site in the standard 3 on, 1 off routine for the next 2 months. If you can't do the WOD as prescribed then go to Brand X and figure out the scaled version that is appropriate for your skill level.

If you do not find it to be an effective form of fitness for GPP, then give us your specific reasons. If you do find it helpful, then give us your specific reasons.

If you want to stick around, after that, then perhaps we can discuss the nutrition methods "of choice" for many (if not most) of the CrossFit community.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #52
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Mr. Dunston,

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
-Wikipedia, emphasis mine

Perhaps I have met one or even two conditions of being a troll, but it seems to me that there are three or four major criteria here. I have come here to discuss what is the best nutrition program to go with a workout system, because this nutrition forum is attached to the crossfit program main site
To definitively denounce me as a troll, you would have to demonstrate that my posts are off topic or irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
Furthermore, I have agreed to abide by the rules of this forum. Do you follow a philosophy of once a troll, always a troll?(not that I ever was one)
I've read all of your posts.
Prove yourself otherwise. I have an open mind.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #53
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
My position is that crossfit has some very good ideas(fitness as opposed to sport)
One more thing-
If you stick around here long enough, you'll see that CrossFit is becoming the "Sport of Fitness" to a lot of people.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #54
Zygmunt Bukowski

Profile:

The topic of this thread is a discussion of feeling too full on the zone diet. We seem to agree that is was from eating too many vegetables.

My position is that vegetables are very difficult to digest, especially in raw form.
I also could not help but notice that the person who started this thread was scrupulously minimizing carbs by eating a sandwich with one slice of bread, for instance.
Thus another position: more high quality carbs. At the very least, such preoccupation with reducing them is unnecessary.

I recommended soothing the stomach by making the daily diet more appetizing by cooking the components together into meals and by flavoring the oatmeal.
Fans of raw foods tend to disparage cooking, but in this process foods are rendered more appetizing, more digestible, and spices are added.
Spices are themselves a good source of healthy nutrients. Garlic and cinnamon are both examples of nutrient rich spices.
Meanwhile, ginger and caraway are favorites of mine for improving digestion as well as imparting a great flavor.

Keep in mind, Mr. Shipley and I believe that issues of nutrition cannot be properly taken into account without factoring efficiency of digestion into the equation.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #55
Justin Shipley

Profile:

Or adequate mineral intake. More people on this board complain of hunger on the Zone than fullness, and hunger pangs is a sign of low levels of nutrition in the blood and organs required for successful biologicalfunction.
IF i eat a rice meat and veg meal i can have a distended stomach but hunger pangs come back 10 -15 min later- no nutrients despite bulk in rice.
The very limited selection of a few key foods by a lot of posters coupled with ignorance of preparation coupled with i GUARANTEE you compromised digestive capacity, means that they are not getting what they expect.