CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 AM   #11
Bob Butz

Profile:
Re: Shoulder/arm going numb while sleeping

Go to a doctor and have it checked out. But have you also considered that it may be just the age/quality of your mattress (or lack thereof)? Could also be an issue of alignment while you "side sleep." I had the whole "numb arm thing" from side sleeping. Got a better mattress and added another pillow under my thick head and--poof!--problem solved.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
Matt A. Windsor

Profile:
Re: Shoulder/arm going numb while sleeping

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but your arm falling asleep is also a fairly classic sign of possible carpal tunnel syndrome. I had it happen in both of my arms on a regular basis.

I will note that I've had shoulder surgery for impingement/acromioplasty on both sides; and have also had a bilateral carpal tunnel release. The 'arm sleepiness' stopped after the carpal tunnel release surgery.