|03-31-2012, 08:46 PM||#1|
Possible Shoulder Impingement?
Hello all, I was just wondering if any of you here have ever had or know anything about shoulder impingement? I have done a tad bit of research on this and feel as though this may be the issue I am currently having with my shoulder.
Just to give a brief run down of the events leading up to the injury. I just started back CF'ing about a month ago and have been going through an entry level, so to speak, strengthening route three days a week. About a week to week and a half ago I was going through my push press sets and a slight pain came about in my shoulder. Not really being a very strong pain I sort of just shrugged it off and finished the workout. By the end of the workout the pain had increased but was still nowhere near unbearable. So I rested a day and didn't even attempt the metcon workout I have normally been sliding in between the strength days and attempted a workout the day after. Still had pain.
Now I had begun to question and turned to the always faithful internet for an answer. Turns out that the shoulder impingement syndrome matched my symptoms. Now I just want to point out that the pain only comes from a push and overhead movement and not a pull. I have no pain at all unless I am performing a weighted movement. Does this sound like anything anyone here is familiar with? If so, how long did it last? Could this be anything else? Any help on the subject would be appreciated.
|04-01-2012, 05:05 PM||#2|
Re: Possible Shoulder Impingement?
If you want a real diagnosis, see an orthopedic doc.
If you want a guess by myself, we can do that..
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts. Tell me what tissue(s) it feels like it's hurting in, or if it's more superficial or deep in the joint?
2. What exercises hurt? Which shoulder articulations hurt? Make sure you check both with passive motion and resistive/active motion. Also tell me when and what movements during these exercises are eliciting the pain?
3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?
4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.
5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~8+ weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?
6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?
7. What have you been doing for recovery purposes? Do these recovery methods help?
8. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?
9. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?
10. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?
11. Any previous injury history?
12. How's your posture?
13. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?
14. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Shoulder Impingement||Tanner Duncan||Injuries||6||10-04-2011 02:59 PM|
|Shoulder Impingement||Brian Gee||Injuries||14||05-16-2011 04:20 AM|
|Shoulder impingement?||Seth Utter||Injuries||4||05-19-2008 05:51 PM|
|Shoulder impingement||David Boucaut||Injuries||7||11-22-2006 07:43 AM|
|Shoulder Impingement||Jake Thornes||Injuries||11||08-10-2006 02:16 PM|