CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 08-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
Mike Wright

Profile:
AF Member w/2330 CF Total...sort of

An Af LT took 1st @ the Worlds with a BS/BP/DL of 2330! Even if he skipped the military press, he would have a CFT of 1729!

"Tuchscherer, 24, took the gold medal in powerlifting July 26 at the World Games 2009 with a total weight of 2,330 pounds 903 in squat, 600 in bench and 826 in dead lift. He weighs in at 267 pounds, about 11 percent of his total lift. Ukrainians placed second and third, with totals of 2,309 and 2,188."

No idea about his overall GPP / capacity, but these are impressive #'s. He also says in the article he is all natural.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
Stu Christensen

Profile:
Re: AF Member w/2330 CF Total...sort of

This is in the IPF in which single ply suits/shirts are used.... which is NOT what CF's standard is. I would guess his raw numbers are probably about 675-700 in the squat, 450 in the bench, and 775 in the deadlift. Still impressive.

Two friends of mine were also there competing, one set the junior women's bench press record. IPF does test at meets, but not in between meets...ie....you're "clean" when you're at the contest - otherwise, its a free for all. Also, GPP / capacity is brutal for 99% of powerlifters out there.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
Scott Stevens

Profile:

There are some posts on the crossfit balboa site showing someone doing a raw total of 2217
http://www.crossfitbalboa.com/blog.php?id=2825 (WFS)

Here is that same monster doing 55 kipping pullups.
http://www.crossfitbalboa.com/blog.php?id=2833 (WFS)
Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
James Cirincione

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Christensen View Post
IPF does test at meets, but not in between meets...ie....you're "clean" when you're at the contest - otherwise, its a free for all.
This is false. The IPF conducts OCT doping controls.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Joe Fortenberry

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stevens View Post
There are some posts on the crossfit balboa site showing someone doing a raw total of 2217
http://www.crossfitbalboa.com/blog.php?id=2825 (WFS)

Here is that same monster doing 55 kipping pullups.
http://www.crossfitbalboa.com/blog.php?id=2833 (WFS)
even if you've never seen that guy or heard of him, if you hear his name... konstantine konstantinovs, and someone says hes a powerlifter, you pretty much know hes a bad dude.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cirincione View Post
This is false. The IPF conducts OCT doping controls.
I have to disagree...as I stated, I know two people personally that compete in the IPF, as well as competed in said World Games and they are NOT subject to testing by OCT standards. THE IPF DOES NOT TEST ALL ATHLETES, its up to the athletes country to submit testing results of their athletes when and IF they were tested. 95% are not unless a provincial/state or national record is broken.

OCT standards are primarily for Olympic, Paralympic and Pan American athletes, NOT powerlifters in a competition or federation. IPF may SAY they do this (and they do state that doping control tests both in and out of competition must be submitted by the athletes country), but in reality, they do not.

Remember, a lot of IPF athletes compete in other powerlifting federations that are not drug tested, and usually know MONTHS in advance of an upcoming IPF meet. I have only heard of one doping control test happening and that's when the CDN national squat record in the IPF was recently broken.

Last edited by Stu Christensen : 08-04-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
James Cirincione

Profile:

Almost all of the statements regarding OCT testing in Stu's above post are incorrect.

Here is a link to the IPF Anti-Doping Page: http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/Anti-Doping.49.0.html (WFS)

The IPF is a signatory to the WADA Code and conducts out-of-competition testing in accordance with the Code. Available on the IPF's website is a list of athletes tested in the years 2006-2009. OCT tests are listed. Also available is a list of positive doping controls, which reflect suspensions based on OCT testing.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #8
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cirincione View Post
Almost all of the statements regarding OCT testing in Stu's above post are incorrect.

Here is a link to the IPF Anti-Doping Page: http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/Anti-Doping.49.0.html (WFS)

The IPF is a signatory to the WADA Code and conducts out-of-competition testing in accordance with the Code. Available on the IPF's website is a list of athletes tested in the years 2006-2009. OCT tests are listed. Also available is a list of positive doping controls, which reflect suspensions based on OCT testing.
Thank you, that was the exact page I was referring to. Did you even read it? They SAY they follow it, but I know first hand that this isn't what happens. Believe what you want on paper or the net, but I know the truth.

There were 202 tested athletes so far in 2009... that's no where near the amount of entrants in IPF meets this year. Testing is a joke.

Last edited by Stu Christensen : 08-05-2009 at 09:06 AM.