CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 05-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
Geoff Pitluck

Profile:
Any Crossfitters in Bloomington Indiana?

Hi all, We are devoted crossfitters, with a garage gym outfitted for WOD's. If any local CF'ers would be interested in working out here, give us a holler!

Geoff and Amanda
Old 05-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
Richard West

Profile:
Re: Any Crossfitters in Bloomington Indiana?

I sure would be, send me a PM and we should get together.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
Kelli ONeil

Profile:

I'm interested in possibly starting Crossfit when I get back to Btown after my internship this summer. You guys still doing it? What part of town do you live?
Old 07-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Jerry Berg

Profile:

Geoff & Richard,

While you'll have to drive an hour north, Indianapolis has 3 affiliates and we get together every 1 - 2 weeks on Saturday mornings on the west side of Indiana for a park workout. We'd love to have you guys join in.

We just had a great park workout this past Saturday that included rowing, burpees, kb swings, squats, situps and running.

If you're interested in coming up, send me a PM and I can give you the details.

Best,

Jerry
Old 07-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
Geoff Pitluck

Profile:

Kelli - Yes indeed, we are still doing it. We live near the YMCA and would love to hear from you when you get back. Call 812-345-8241. Have a great summer!

Jerry - Thanks for the invitation. Sounds great! It would be fun to meet and work out with some fellow CF-ers. Not sure how soon we'll be able to get up there but will keep it in mind. Again, thanks.

Amanda and Geoff
Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #6
Aaron Stanley

Profile:

I just started doing CrossFit this month and plan on sticking with it on the 3 day on, one day off cycle as long as my schedule permits. I will be living in Bloomington during the school year and would really enjoy doing the WODs with fellow Crossfitters. Get back to me sometime, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
Geoff Pitluck

Profile:

Aaron, we'd love for you to come over and train with us! Several people are training here regularly and a few other students have discussed joining us when they return to town in Sept. We have been overhauling the garage and will be roughly quadrupling our equipment in the next 1-2 weeks. Give a call anytime! Geoff
Old 08-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #8
Aaron Stanley

Profile:

What time of the day are you generally doing your WODs? I've been trying to adapt the WODs to the equipment I find available at the SRSC or HPER for now. Also I don't know exactly where the YMCA is, can you give me the cross streets and I'll be able to find it.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #9
Geoff Pitluck

Profile:

Aaron, Amanda and I generally like to workout in the morning, but we are flexible. Lately we have been adapting to everyone's schedule, such that we might be doing a WOD anywhere from 7am to 8pm. And on some days there are more than one session when no single time of day works for everyone. The YMCA is on Winslow, but for easier directions, think of starting from the College Mall, which everyone seems to know. College Mall Rd continues south, away from 3rd St, and just past Blockbusters it becomes Sare Rd. (still the same street though). Sare Rd goes for a mile or so and reaches a 4-way stop. That is Rogers St. Turn left and the next stop sign is Snoddy Rd. We are about a half mile from there. Give us a call anytime! 345-8241 Or send a PM. Amanda and Geoff
Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #10
Shaun Tieman

Profile:

Im from Bloomington Indiana, but living near Cincy now. I come home about once a month and I am an avid Crossfitter. If any of you would like to get together to workout sometime let me know.