CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-27-2005, 10:18 PM   #11
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
working 55hrs a week can have a great deal of effect on how much energy you have left to train. Don't beat yourself up over it. Sometimes you can't help but to scale it back a bit to maintain your sanity.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:10 PM   #12
Nicole Carroll

Profile:
Troy-

Sorry I am getting to this so late. I think Larry's advice is golden. This is not a race. It all must become maintainable over the long haul. Also, ups and downs are to be expected when one is continually pushing the envelope of peak performance and the nutrition required to support it. Don't be too hard on yourself - you are experimenting with potent stuff here - it takes some time to get to "know".

You already got some great training advice from Eugene, Larry and others so i will speak to nutrition... It does sound to me like you can and should increase your fat intake to 2 or 3x fat. Also add a weekly cheat day - let it be all out, don't try to make it "healthy", just let it rip and go back to your strict Zoning the next morning.

It is good to isolate changes and watch the effects for 3-5 days so you know what works and what doesn't work. My recommendation is to try the two above mentioned changes and hold off on adding extra carbs throughout the week.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:38 AM   #13
Troy Archie

Profile:
This last week I've increased my fat and just doing that has made a huge improvement. I'm not moody anymore, I look forward to doing the WOD and most important my performance has increased.

I realise now that I was being a little too uptight when it came to my diet. I dare not have an extra couple nuts or nibble on some veggies even if I was starving, in fear of throwing myself out of the Zone. It's also great to hear that a cheat day is being reccomended!

I took it easy on the WOD for the first part of the week but got back into full swing by the end. I had a wicked Helen and I felt great on the burpee/squat clean/thruster day.

Thanks for the support, comments and input everyone.