CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #11
Colin Smith

Profile:
Re: 100 pushup challenge

1st post.

I've been doing the 100 pushup, 50 pull-up, 200 squat, and 200 sit-up challenges for about 3 weeks now. I am on week 6 for pushups and week 5 for squats, sit-ups and pull-ups(@the amateur level). Ive been super-setting these workouts 3 times a week (MWF) and have gotten pretty good results. Today is my 100 pushup test and I can post results/progressions if y'all want
Old 09-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #12
Craig Rogers

Profile:

Started it this week also. Just did day 2 and am really feeling it. I have been using them on the days do not run. Now that the weather is nice I am doing more distance runs than lifting/WODS.
I have also been adding additional rounds throughout the day.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #13
Mike McCarthy

Profile:

Don't know if anyone else has seen it, but there is a similar app on the android market(probably apple too). They have pull ups, squats, and sit ups too. So far I think the website is more challenging.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
Jay Lalik

Profile:

One of the biggest problems people have with pushup numbers would be breathing. A lot of people hold their breath.

Also, I count by twos so I only need to hit 50 before I do 100 actual pushups. Trust me, it helps.

I can do over 100 straight before I hit the leaning rest.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #15
Frances Ballesteros

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob William Baker View Post
http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

I found this cool workout program online to get one to do 100 pushups in 7 weeks I believe. It takes a volume training approach, and only training 3 days a week so I was thinking itd be a fun challenge to throw into your routine.

Anyone ever tryr this program out?
Also, what do you guys think about applying this to hand-release pushups?
I've tried it and it worked fine for me, give it a try. It's a nice, simple workout. Make sure to rest and eat properly.

Good luck!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
Craig Rogers

Profile:

Day 2 Week 2 was today. Feeling pretty good with it. Sunday will be the next Max day to see what week 3 looks like.
I have been using the day workout as one of the supplemental lifts on weight day. Did it after running today and felt pretty good.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
Jason Martinson

Profile:

I'm going to have to give this a try..I've been doing most of my pushups crossfit (games) style..with a hand release at the end. Has anyone used this program to do a 100 crossfit games pushups? It seems like it would be harder because gathering momentum would be much more difficult..
Old 09-16-2011, 06:19 AM   #18
Patrick Artemisio

Profile:

I tried the program a while ago. I started at around 70-72 push ups and was only able to add a couple to my max. I didn't finish the whole thing because I wasn't progressing at all. The couple more reps on my max was probably just because it was a different day. The best way I have found for me to increase my max reps is to increase my max strength in a similar movement (bench for push ups).
Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #19
Jacob William Baker

Profile:

Nice job Aidan!

I think I pooped out around 31 hand release. Sorry to bail on my own post but I did put the 100 pushup challenge to a halt to focus on training up for the NE Garage Games Firebreather Festival. Its this weekend so ill be doing a retest sometime next week.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #20
Chu Kim

Profile:

These standards should exist in many diverse areas of physical training. 100 push ups, 40 sit-ups, 3 pullups, etc. I think it is wise to not neglect any area, certainly not in any major areas. You should probably be able to achieve a minimum standard (or higher) in all popular repetition exercises. In addition, you can adjust the numbers around based on your own body type and personal athletic style (more cardio, less muscle mass, more speed, stronger trunk and legs, less developed arms, etc.). Peformance can vary based on what you train in, and one thing to watch out for are the big gaps you can have if you don't pay attention. Like being able to rep out some impressive numbers in the bench or curl, but not being able to run/jog a mile in under 9 minutes for your life. I think everyone should have a challenge number in all categories, and diversify.