CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #21
joe shumsky

Profile:
Re: anyone here been to t-nation lately?

i guess i should probably clarify my intent with this thread here: in no way, shape, or form, was i trying to cast a shadow onto t-nation... i love the site, and many of the authors there are among the absolute best that the modern iron game has to offer (if only brooks kubik would do an article or two over there...)

no, that was not my intent. i was simply so shocked (and amused) at some of the utter ignorance i was reading, i figured that some of you guys/gals might appreciate it! i guess i shouldn't really be TOO surprised... the whole industry is so twisted, shifty, and convaluted... if someone doesn't literally go out of their way to find out the real deal, they'll toil away endlessly thinking that only thing that dexter jackson has on them is a "better" training program...

it's just that some of the people over there at that forum are so condescending, disrespectful, and, in some cases, just plain mean...

actually, f it... at least half of the people posting over there don't know their asses from their elbows. i should probably just avoid that forum altogether.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #22
Miguel Sanchez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Perry View Post
Why? Are you afraid to hurt their fweelingz?
You said they had below average intelligence.
Then you spelled "less" wrong

Lots of hate in that thread against anyone under average height. Well most if not all T nation people are of leas than average intelligence though.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #23
Michael Wengloski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
You said they had below average intelligence.
Then you spelled "less" wrong

Lots of hate in that thread against anyone under average height. Well most if not all T nation people are of leas than average intelligence though.

It was a typo. Look at your keyboard. A and S are next to one another. I am willing to bet you an entire paycheck if we quiz him he can spell less. Why would you try to point that out?

Sorry, pet peeve of mine when people argue on the internet and then someone points out a typo and says "wow look at you, you can't spell <WORD>".

Old 07-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #24
Kevin Perry

Profile:

Oh please. I am on an Iphone I do not have an Internet connection at home so my cell phone Is the only reliable connection I can get. Spelling mistakes happen especially on this thing. Nice try, and if you have spent any time on the t-nation forums you would know they share no kind feelings with anyone here. Much like the folks at ***. It's best to have some thick skin.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #25
Ryan Whitley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Santilllo View Post
My co-worker is just like them and a cf hater and I tell him...."Sure you can bench 75lb more than me, but you cant outrun me, Ive got way more endurance then you and I do olympic weightlifts...you know those ones you never try?" And then I always say to him when he gives me ****, the same thing the one guy posted on that thread Heard at the office today "You wanna take off shirts and compare who looks more fit and has the better body?" He respecitively declines. The funny thing is he agrees Im more fit than him, but blames it on a high school ankle injury he got 20 years so he cant do any cardio. But I always tell him Ide race him on a bike if running is too hard. Once again he respectively declines.
What a person looks like without their shirt on or their current level of physical fitness is not indicative of whether or not the program they prefer is effective. If a person's physical appearance and performance is proof of the efficacy of their program then Glassman and Rippetoe would have some real credibility issues when compared to some of the "fit" people you see selling crap on infomercials.

Last edited by Ryan Whitley : 07-16-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #26
Andrew H. Meador

Profile:

That's a pet peeve of mine as well. You may have noticed today on the forum that I was corrected for spelling the word "cueing" as such, when the other person spelled the word as "cuing". Both spellings are accepted in Merriam-Webster's. Only when the post has an egregious amount of errors is it important to point it out - in that circumstance the person obviously spent no time thinking about what he was writing. Kevin's minor spelling mistake is clearly of no importance to the subject of this thread.

Oh, and Chris - just work on parallettes and rings until you can best his bench press too. Then he'll have nothing to boast about. And you'll find that the gymnastics pressing strength will transfer well to the rest of your fitness.

Last edited by Andrew H. Meador : 07-16-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #27
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Is the website actually called t-nation? Because I decided to search for it to see what all the hub-bub is about and I couldn't find it.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #28
Eric Doolittle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason R O'Dell View Post
Is the website actually called t-nation? Because I decided to search for it to see what all the hub-bub is about and I couldn't find it.
They actually changed their URL to tmuscle a while back, but www.t-nation.com (NOT WFS) will still get you there.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #29
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Rip can still HBBS 315x10 and do 17 or 18 strict PU. That man is sized somewhat like the mating of a gorilla and a bear.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:11 AM   #30
Daniel Higgins

Profile:

Well, wudya know. They mention CF in this "battle of the strength sports" article posted today. Actually, they kind of breeze over CF, unfortunately he says more about BB than anything else.

And he seems severely misinformed regarding CF. But other than that, its actually an interesting pro-con comparison with all of the sports.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...trength_sports (Not WFS - images and text)

BB a strength sport....please!

Closed Thread