CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #1
Eric Cohen

Profile:
Had my first day of CF yesterday at Valley Crossfit (thanks to Mike), figured it'd be a good idea to keep track here.

Weight 168lbs.

1/6/07
Did 3 minutes of jump rope
about 3 pullups, maxed out at 4
Some kettlebell swings, didn't pay attention to the weight, maybe about 25 reps
10 pushups

Actual WO
21-15-9
10# Ball Slam
"Run to burger shack" Estimate 75m after each set (maybe more maybe less)
For time of 2:47

Legs felt like jelly while I was running, gagged a little bit. Was a lotta fun, gonna keep it up, I know I'll see vast improvement over the next couple months.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
Eric Cohen

Profile:
Been doing the CF warmup for practice adding in pushups too since Sunday, rest day Tuesday. Trying to get into a zone/paleo diet.

This morning did a .6 mile run to wake-up, then about .2 miles up a hill with a 60-70 degree gradient on hands and feet.

Did 2 sets of CF warmup before WOD.

Did today's (1/10/07) WOD as followed:
15-20 secs jump rope (subbed for 100m run, didn't know the distance of my backyard to run)
1 pood kettlebell swings x12 (subbed for 1.5 pood)
10 assisted jumping pull ups (reach max after about 5 consecutive unassisted pullups)

Ran 1/2 mile after WOD

I'm loving CF more and more each day.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
Eric Cohen

Profile:
Today did CF Warmup
Subbed in Jumping Pullups and chair dips

Did 5x5 Deadlift,
Set 1-4 135#
5th 145#
Old 01-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
Eric Cohen

Profile:
1/12/07

Warmup:
800m row (practicing form)
Jump rope
Practicing form on push press, deadlift, press, and push jerk with 45# barbell and 1 pood KB

Workout:
3 rounds:
400m run
21 kb swings 1 pood
12 squats
for time of 9:47

A few hours later...
10 minutes stretching
100 squats
3.5 mile run in 39:32 (slow pace, low intensity)
80m crab walk (that's what I was told, just walking on hands and toes)

Tomorrow's a rest day for me.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
Eric Cohen

Profile:
1/15/07

Did stretching and CFWU, subbed dips for chair dips, situps for knees to elbows, and pullups for jumping pullups.

Workout:
Deadlift 15-12-9 95# (need to seriously practice my form, or I'm gonna end up hurting myself when I use a larger weight)

7 rounds jump rope
20 minutes of stretching
30 minute hold in sumo squat position
practiced kicks

Ran 1/2mi
Climb up 200m hill with 60-70 degree gradient
Climb down
Ran 1/2mi barefoot
Old 01-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #6
Eric Cohen

Profile:
1/16/07

CFWUx3
Run 400m x4.5 (didn't have an accurate timer)

1/17/07

For time:
21-15-9
Row for calories
Deadlift (did 99#, cut down to 1.5 pood kb cause form was off completely)
Ball slams 20#
Time was 13:30something forgot

Then did 15-12-9 45#barbell thrusters at home

I know I'm kinda not following the "program" right, will improve though. Finally got my deadlift form down and can do 225# max. Just have to keep practicing my heels on ground
Old 01-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #7
Eric Cohen

Profile:
1/18/07
Cindy scaled down to BrandX Puppies:
15min (supposed to be 12min):
1 pullup
4 pushups
7 squats
14 rounds completed (might've been 15, forgot)
Old 01-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
Eric Cohen

Profile:
1/20/07

CFWU (no pullups, did 15 pushups instead)

Ran 1.5mi(2.23km) in 16:05 (starting gagging while running, didn't control breathing properly)
Old 01-21-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
Eric Cohen

Profile:
1/21/07

WOD Scaled down to:
Brandx
Pack:
For time:
35 Box jump, 18-20 inch box
35 Jumping pull-ups
35 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 35 steps
35 Ab-Mat Sit-ups
35 Push press, 45 pounds
35 Back extensions
35 Wall ball shots, 14-20 pound ball (did 35 squats instead since I have no medicine ball yet)
35 Burpees
35 Standard Jump Rope Jumps

22:56.55
Old 09-04-2007, 12:14 AM   #10
Eric Cohen

Profile:
Re: Eric C's Log

Male, 5' 10", 180lbs

5-26-07 did

CFWUx3 (no pullups, no dips)

90 pullups
450 chair dips

Haven't been doing stuff for time, but as fast as I can still, no stopwatch, have to invest in one.

5-27-07
Rest day

----------
Gonna post all my logs from facebook over on to here. I'll try and be more consistent with posting on here to get feedback.
----------

Today I'm gonna take it easy since I have a big parkour training jam tomorrow. I might be on spike tv sometime in the future... maybe maybe not... there's a producer doing a documentary on parkour, he left this message yesterday:

"Hi, guys...I wanted to let you know that I will be bringing Dan Polier, the director of the feature film DEBATING ROBERT LEE to observe the jam this Sunday. He is prepping a new movie for production, THE CONTORTIONIST, and he is very interested in parkour skills as it relates to his main character. And he would like to learn some things from your workout. And some of you might have some questions for him. Also, Sony has still not returned my videocamera (the imager chip is getting replaced), I really wanted to shoot this weekend but it looks like I won't get it until the following week...when I do get it, I will be focusing again on some action footage (this time with emphasis on the best camera angles to properly show off height and depth) as well as continue with the interviews. The head of programming at Spike TV thought this could potentially be a great project...but it has to have two elements...good action footage...and great personal stories...both are needed. And hopefully, as I continue with project, you'll help me get there.

My immediate plan is to put together a shortform trailer by October to use as a pitching tool...and I will make that available to all who participate in some form and sign a release.

See you Sunday...John Vasey"

Last night I went and saw the Simpsons movie, grabbed a cold stone then went and saw Transformers... both were pretty friggin awesome.

Anyways, for training today, I'll work on handstands and handstand pushups, ab-wheel roll outs, dive bomber pushups, L-sits, L-rope climbs, progress to one arm elbow lever, and work on my tuck planche.
-------

The past while it's been a little slow, I haven't done an "actual workout" in a while till today. Mostly just been doing parkour, the occasional pistol squat and handstand pushups throughout the day. Got myself a gyroscopic powerball and that thing is awesome; my highest RPM score is 10722 or something around there. I saw the Bourne Ultimatum the other day, some pretty awesome scenes in there.

Today I stretched and did some parkour training around 1-4pm, drilled kong vaults, wall runs (gotta work on my confidence, I know I can do them, considering I got one really good climb up an 11-12 foot wall), precision cat leaps onto a railing fence, some buildering and wall wedges.

Around 7:00pm I warmed up with 2 minutes of L-Sit holds on paralettes (probably got about a minute or so total of hold time), 4 minutes of handstand holds (probably got about 2:30 worth of hold time), standing ab-wheel roll out negatives and supported roll ins onto toes. Then when I was done goofing around:

80 burpees
5 minute rest
Followed by as many rounds in 20 minutes of:
5 L-Pullups
10 Glute-Ham Situps

Got 10 or 11 rounds, I think it was 10 and 3 L-pullups or so

Then after a short break, I did a 300m barefoot run down to check up on my family at the horse ranch down the block, then 300m barefoot run back after 15 minutes of being there. Followed by stretching before dinner.
------

Today I woke up and did handstand pushups and pseudo-planche pushups for about 10 minutes (works a lot better than coffee). Practiced pistol squats. I've been kinda stressed out lately so for my workout today I just did about an hour and 15 minutes of speed bag drilling. I practiced striking transitions while trying to stay in synch with iron maiden.
-------

Yesterday was a parkour training day over at UCLA, so that consisted mostly of stretching and parkour movement drills.

Today I decided to be a little masochistic. I went to Valley Crossfit for it's Sunday 3 classes of insanity. Before getting to the gym, I had to run about half a mile or so from the bus stop cause it was almost late, otherwise I'm not able to get in the first class. The first hour we did power yoga (just yoga, but moving through the positions frequently. The second hour we warmed up with headstands and indo balance boards and medicine ball tosses while on them, then moved on to our workout:

For time:
30 calories of rowing
30 Medicine ball cleans
30 Box Jumps
30 Push Press 75#
30 Sumo Deadlift High-pull
30 burpees

after completing all the above, 1/2 mile run.

This was a team workout, so we had stations, meaning if everyone on your team wasn't done with their exercise set, you had to wait for them till you could move. I started off with rowing and moved down the list, Becca had to help me out with the push press (I managed 15 after I wandered around looking for the rack that barbell was on). Since I did burpees last, I held my team back a little bit and we were the last ones out the door for the 1/2 mile run.... but amazingly, we finished 1st (with me in the lead).... followed by about 20 seconds of me gagging and spitting the nonexistant contents of my stomach. After that we had striking class, which had a work out of it's own:

2 minutes at each station, last 30 seconds work your hardest with 30 second rest in between:

Speed bag
Airdyne stationary bike (arms only)
tornado ball
double end bag
shadow boxing while forcing against a wall stretch band
roundhouse kicks to a heavy bag while holding a stick above your head
Wall kicks and steam engines with stick above head
Knee strikes into a free standing bag
shadow boxing with light free weights while balancing on a tire
weighted jump rope
tire push
and tire push

I started at the airdyne station and ended with speed bag.

Then we moved on to some kicking drills
and then punching training.

Right now I'm prepared to take a long nap.

------------

Today I realized I had to stop being lazy again... I weighed myself and I'm 181 now, last time I checked I was 174.... about a month ago... Been eating a lot of junk since I got rejected for firefighting but stopped being a little b*tch today. Woke up and did 35 pushups and practiced hand stand pushups a bunch of times, did squats, worked on my elbow levers and handstand. I'm making it a rule for myself that whenever I come across anything I can use as a pull up bar or pass by the climbing rope in my backyard I will do 10 pullups or climb the rope legless one time.

For my workout I today I did:

400 meters
walking lunge.

This was a hardcore SOB. I was counting how many lunges I did until about a quarter way through when I just started saying "***** this sh*t" with each step, eventually leading into an alternating "*****" followed by another step with "Sh*t". When it was all done I was glad I could still walk, even though the whole way home I thought my shaking legs were gonna collapse out from under me.
-------

I am extremely sore today, climbing/descending stairs or sitting down and getting up sucks majorly right now. Anyways, today I went to Valley Crossfit, in which the Coach prescribed:

300 meter Farmer's walk (70 pounds for me)
then
4 rounds:
21 Box Jumps 2ft.
15 situps
9 bumper burpees 25 pounds
then
300 m Farmer's walk (2 one pood kettlebells, same thing as before)

The time I got was 28:57, definitely gonna do better next time, since I won't drain myself as much the day before.
-------

Did "With a continuously running clock do one muscle-up the first minute, two muscle-ups the second minute, three muscle-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed."

Barely got to the 3rd minute doing jumping muscle-ups.

Then later I did an untimed ladder of 1-2-3-4 jumping muscle-ups.

I'm confident that I'll be managing an unassisted muscle up pretty soon.
-------

Went to Valley Crossfit today, and my damn bus was late, so I missed the warmup... dodgeball

Anyways as soon as we got in we did:
For time
50-40-30-20-10
Situps
Steam engines

I got about just under 8 minutes I believe.

Then we went outside in the scorching heat to do:

While in a numbered order
One person does 260 pound tireflips about 15 meters, let someone take over after that and do a 200m run, return and do squats.
Anyone not busy running or flipping does air squats the entire time till everyones finished.

After that everyone chilled out, I practiced jumping muscle ups, AND I GOT A 17' L-ROPE CLIMB TODAY *****ING AWESOME, FIRST TIME EVER DIDN'T REALIZE I COULD DO IT.
----

Went to Valley Crossfit yesterday. Warmed up with a 1000m row.

Then half of us did:

"Jacket of Pain"

100 Push Press 75# (I scaled mine down to 65 since I was being a winy whore yesterday)
500m row
75 Push Press
500m row
50 Push Press
500m row
25 Push Press
500m row

I finished with a crappy time of 43:23, at least I completed it, almost gave up halfway through. I definitely will take a few minutes off next time I do it, wasn't really giving it my all yesterday.

(P.S.) During striking class on this day, Coach Becca told me I needed to stop making excuses for when I'm all stumbling around and clumsy after we have our workout. I guess that shall be a primary goal for now.