CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 09-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
Graeme Howland

Profile:
Prince George, BC CF'ers

Hi,

I recently moved from Calgary to Prince George and am wondering if there is anyone in town into CrossFit? I'm new to it, I took a few orientation classes with Brett at OPT in Calgary and have done a few WODs. I have a membership at the NSC at UNBC which seems like a nice gym, although they don't seem to have any bumpers (even though they have a platform, weird). No KB's, med balls, dowels etc. either, but lots of weight machines . If anyone knows of a better gym in town please let me know. The manager at Gold's said they might be getting an oly platform/bumpers in the coming months.

Let me know
Old 10-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #2
Quintina Smith

Profile:
Re: Prince George, BC CF'ers

My fiance' and I live in recently started crossfit. We live in Prince George also. I do what I can out of our house, but I believe he goes to the YMCA during his lunch hours. It sounds like they have most of the equipment, or at least pretty close... I don't think there have been any WOD's lately that he couldn't do there.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Graeme Howland

Profile:
Re: Prince George, BC CF'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintina Smith View Post
My fiance' and I live in recently started crossfit. We live in Prince George also. I do what I can out of our house, but I believe he goes to the YMCA during his lunch hours. It sounds like they have most of the equipment, or at least pretty close... I don't think there have been any WOD's lately that he couldn't do there.
Thanks for the reply. I've realized the NSC is actually not bad, they are only really lacking bumper plates, rings (which I could bring myself if I buy some), med balls, KB's and the fact that the track/rowers are not where the weights are. It's pretty easy to figure out substitutions as well.

Cheers