CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #461
Sarah Isel

Profile:
Re: V's Log

Hey Vickie! I agree! Unfortunately, I am going to have to wait a while on the total. It sucks but I've been without a gym for the past three weeks so my number have definitely gone down. Up until tonight I thought I'd be gymless for the next two months but luckily I found a pretty hardcore competition powerlifting gym in my area! Only $30/month AND free coaching!! Whoo!! I'd ridiculously excited. The crossfit gym around me wanted $95/month just to use their weights w/ no coaching advice so I couldn't be happier! Now that I have a regular gym membership again I will start a new-ish linear progression and hopefully get my numbers back up within the month.

Have you done your total yet? You are going to absolutely KILL your previous numbers!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #462
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

Wow....that sounds like an amazing deal! Nice find!

I did it a couple of weeks ago and I did set some PRs but not as much as I'd hoped after 6mos. Progress is progress though.

6/29
BJJ 2hrs
Seminar with Mr. Owen. Focused almost exclusively on the double-ankle sweep (which I was still doing all wrong), overhead sweep and pinch leg sweep. My elbow was bugging during rolls, and somehow my knee also started hurting. Next week we have off from BJJ so hopefully that will give me time to heal and not feel like a decrepit 35y/o.

Rolled with NE, Walter, Scott. Pretty much defended from bottom side-control the entire time. Also defended from back-mount, which I eventually escaped from. Wasn't able to keep people in guard long, though that was partially due to me attempting and failing sweeps.

I did get a stripe on my blue belt. That's pretty cool.

Have another 2hr class 12hrs from when that one ended.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #463
Sarah Isel

Profile:

Well, as you said, progress is progress! Your power clean and squat did improve a good amount. You should be very proud of those numbers!

I do not think cffb is a program that will make me as strong as I can be, and I do not expect it to. If I ever want a program like that I will just do Westside or SS. I feel that cffb is the best overall well rounded cf program out there which is exactly what I want. Stronger? Check! Faster? Check! More powerful? Leaner? Check, check! I couldn't ask for more at this point.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #464
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

Excellent point...if you want to really get strong, you need to focus on strength. I don't focus primarily on strength, so I shouldn't be surprised if I don't make big gains.

6/29
BJJ 1.5hrs
Another seminar with Mr. Owen. Started with self-defense from the guard. If someone is punching you in the face, you need to take them out of punching range. That means extending your hips and getting them back, or pulling them in as you protect as best you can. Pulling them in, we made hooks out of our hands to block their punches at the elbow/forearm, arm-wrap one side, get other side foot on their hip and control their other arm by rotating your knee out and pulling their arm across your leg.

Also did standing guard punch block defense with the same principle...extend your hips to get them far enough back, double-ankle sweep if their posture is back or pull them in and sweep.

Worked on punch block defense from the mount. Tuck feet in tight and bridge up...not flailing about, but get them off-balance. STAY like that and wait for an opportunity to flatten your leg and get it underneath theirs and get to half-guard.

Standing scissor sweep and standing hook sweep. No rolling. The hour and half flew by.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #465
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Are you hitting up a Saturday session at CFSV tomorrow?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #466
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

Don't think so...last week's class kicked my *** pretty good and my body feels beat up. Also might go watch some Hoopfest in the morning before it turns into a total zoo. If that's possible.

Have a good workout if you go.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #467
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

Feeling better. Not a 100%, but better.

7/2
Afternoon
Frisbee 1hr
Didn't have high expectations for my play, which was good. Winded to start with, but then got my legs and did fine the rest of the way. Felt like 100F with 100% humidity but more like 80F with 60% humidity. I don't know how people in 100F heat do it.

Evening
CFFB #94
Squat 3x5 @ 122.5lb
Press 3x5 @ 75lb

First set of squats was the hardest. Second set was the best, felt lined up perfectly. Press was tough and left wrist felt a little hinky, like it wasn't placed right. Got it done though and no damage.

Skipped DWOD b/c it was sprints, which I already did plenty of today.

Feels good to be back.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #468
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

7/4
CFFB #95
Deadlift 5RM @ 165lb

Felt really, really good.

Power Clean @ 75lb
Pull-ups

Completed: 9:15

Forearms got tired quick, which may indicate less than ideal power clean form. Pull-ups were waaaaaay harder than I expected after the power cleans. Mostly broken into doubles.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #469
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

7/5
Afternoon
Frisbee 1hr
Felt like 90F, was only 75F. I'm in trouble when it actually hits 90, which will be in a couple of days.

A couple of terrible tosses, one good catch for a score and a toss for a score. Sucked wind most of the time, felt hot and like I couldn't get enough air. The celebratory 4th of July beers last night probably didn't help.

Evening
CFFB #96

EMOTM for 10mins
100yd Sprint

20, 19, 20, 20, 19, 19, 20, 24*, 19, 19 (in seconds)

*Had a really fun moment where I choked on nothing in particular at the start of the sprint.

Squat 3x5 @ 125lb
Bench 5, 4, 5 @ 130lb

Squats felt really, really good. Didn't finish the last rep on the second set of the bench b/c I wasn't sure that I would get it and that's pretty dicey without a spotter. Will do same weight next week.

Substituted PWO shake with 1/2lb burger made from primo meat. That should do wonders for next week's squats.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #470
Sarah Isel

Profile:

Alright!! Great work on "Crossfit Disco"!!!! I knew you'd kill my time. Your power cleans have gotten much better! Any advice for me to improve mine? They are definitely a sticking point for me.

haha now that I think about it, its pretty ironic that I've asked you that today when I just decided to skip the SWOD involving power cleans. Maybe I can give myself the first peice of advice to get better at oly lifts: Just do them Sarah. 8-)