CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 04-27-2004, 09:55 AM   #1
Will Levine

Profile:  
Hello Folks,
I'm about 3 days behind in regards to the WOD. So my next WO is Double Unders, Clean and Push jerks for 5, 3 and 1 minute. I'm not able to perform double unders right now and I'm not confident to perform Cleans and push jerks either.

So what sort of basic exercises can I substitute for now?

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated

Thanks
Will
Old 04-27-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
Scott Parker

Profile:
i am just curious why you cannot perform these exercises, and am definately not criticizing.

if you are unable to perform these exercises due to, say, an injury or some other physical problem that is ok.

i'm just asking to determine if it has to do with something like an injury or is it primarily based on the fact that these movements are new to you?

if the latter is the case the only way to improve is to actually practice the movements. since it seems like you are new to crossfit, don't perform the WODs with the intent on going heavy or fast, just concentrate on perfecting the movements. when i learned clean and jerks i practiced in from of a mirroe with a broomstick at home, and then proceeded to the gym just using the bar for a while, without any weight. as far as the double-unders, the only way to get better at them is to practice, plain and simple. i remember getting really frustrated with them at the begining, but it dosen't take long to start seeing improvement.

hopefully this helps, and have fun!

scott