CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 12-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #21
Kelly Moore

Profile:
Re: POSE running

I switched to POSE running after attending the May Running cert in Boston this past year. I worked from the template Coach MacKenzie gave to us and dropped my mile time by a minute from a tough 8 minute mile to a moderately hard 7 minute mile. And I am now running without painful too. Onward to conquer a six minute mile before I turn 50!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:48 AM   #22
Jennifer Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Moore View Post
I switched to POSE running after attending the May Running cert in Boston this past year. I worked from the template Coach MacKenzie gave to us and dropped my mile time by a minute from a tough 8 minute mile to a moderately hard 7 minute mile. And I am now running without painful too. Onward to conquer a six minute mile before I turn 50!
How long did it take until you really saw results? I definetly need to change up my running form since I've been stuck at the same 2 mile time for at least 3 years now. Intervals, long runs, fartleks, and a lot of frustration later, my problem has to be form.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:29 AM   #23
Kelly Moore

Profile:

Hi Jennifer,

It took me about 4 months following the template provided by Coach MacKenzie. I did it every other day while continuing to the WODs, usually first thing in the morning.

Kelly
Old 12-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #24
James Groom

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Montgomery View Post
How long did it take until you really saw results? I definetly need to change up my running form since I've been stuck at the same 2 mile time for at least 3 years now. Intervals, long runs, fartleks, and a lot of frustration later, my problem has to be form.
I've been thinking the same thing. Doesnt matter how many sprints I do, or how many 3-7mile runs, I've been putting up the same time on 1.5 mile test for months now.

It's going to take a while to learn this form. I've been running wrong for so many miles.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #25
Luke Hitt

Profile:

I know the best thing to do is find a coach or clinic, but if you do not have the time or money, is there anywhere else where you can find this template from Coach McKenzie?
Old 12-15-2008, 05:39 PM   #26
Derek Franks

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Garcia View Post
I went to the Running and Endurance cert last month and Brian MacKenzie specifically recommended the Adidas adiZero.
Which model of the adizero?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:10 AM   #27
Byron Garcia

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Franks View Post
Which model of the adizero?
I do not remember Brian MacKenzie mentioning a specific model, but the one Brian pointed out to the class is the black adiZero in this photo:

http://www.crossfitendurance.com/upl...rt%2011-08.JPG (wfs)

The runner wearing the black adiZero it is Kip, one of the triathletes that Brian MacKenzie trains. Brian had him show his shoes to the entire class. By the way, I am in the background, wearing the white and red adiZero RC (recommended to me by my POSE coach at Fleet Feet Sports).

At the cert, someone mentioned the VFF (you can also see him in the photo above). Someone else mentioned the Nike Frees. Brian MacKenzie and Carl Borg both recommended the adiZero. I can't repeat this enough. If you read the comments for the 10K WOD last Saturday, Brian posted another recommendation for the adiZero (as well as his criticism of the Nike Free). I also saw in the comments a post by Rookie, another endurance athlete that Brian MacKenzie trains. He also recommended the adiZero.

Adidas is not lying when it says it is the world's fastest shoe. For example, last October, Haile Gebrselassie broke the world record for the marathon wearing the adiZero. No, I don't own Adidas stock.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:13 AM   #28
Lauren Hall

Profile:

I'm a little confused. There are different models of the adizero, but they all look like regular running shoes (i.e. big heels), which I would think would interfere with POSE form. I don't know much about this, of course, but it's just a thought.

For the women who do POSE, any shoe suggestions?

Also, to bump Luke's question: if you don't have enough time/money for a cert/clinic, is there anywhere else to find the template?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #29
Byron Garcia

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Hall View Post
I'm a little confused. There are different models of the adizero, but they all look like regular running shoes (i.e. big heels), which I would think would interfere with POSE form. I don't know much about this, of course, but it's just a thought.
There are different models, some are trainers and some are racing flats. They are all lightweight, but the ones you want are the racing flats. The adiZero RC (like the one Kip and I are wearing in my previous post) are lightweight racing flats. For a closer look, check out the link below:

http://www.shopadidas.com/product/in...O&cp=&colorId= (wfs)

Here is a old review of the adiZero I found. It describes the first three models imported from Japan (there have been more released since then) but it that describes the shoe better than I can, including the RC:

http://www.thefinalsprint.com/2006/1...-sleek-design/ (wfs)
Old 12-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #30
Ryan Whitley

Profile:

I have the book...did the exercises...and now consider myself to be a POSE runner. I have had serious ankle issues for most of my adult life and they suddenly vanished when I started to use the POSE method.

Many people will cry heresy, but I say try running on your forefoot for a couple of weeks and see what you think. That is, in my opinion, the key to POSE. The rest is just details.