CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Steve Bickles

Profile:
constant fatigue/stiffness in thighs!?

hi all.
Something is concerning me, i have been trying to ignore it but its getting worse. Im a big believer in 'listening to your body' and recovering. I used to bodybuild and valued my resting time immensely and i know how beneficial it is.
Basically my thighs ( quads and hams) always seem tired and sore. Like they have no endurance although i seem to do alot of full body workouts and no where else is as sore/stiff as my legs. Its stopping me from working out as i think i need more recovery and just cant perfrom squats,kb swings, run or cycle while they feel like this. I eat plenty of food and could work out more but work does tire me (on my feet alot for long shifts). I dont know if this is the problem but i do get a good amount of time off which i think would help me recover but it just never seems enough.
any ideas,thoughts or advice? as i need to do more cardio to drop fat and increase lung capacity (and general fitness ofcourse) but i just cant do it as intensely as is neccessary for my goals.
Cheers
Old 10-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Steven Bowser

Profile:
Re: constant fatigue/stiffness in thighs!?

I get sore more than most. I take in Glutamine which seems to help and try - try to stretch after working out.
I would get some blood work done just to be on the safe side and try to take warm baths and stretch as much as possible.
Your case sounds much worse than me but there are times that I am sore for over a week from doing a Heavy Squat routine.
Good luck.
Make sure you follow up with blood work.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Steve Bickles

Profile:

when you say blood work, do you mean tests? what would they be looking for??
I went for a run yesterday, i was quite ashamed of myself but felt really tired and sore afterwards so i did some stretching. I feel better but the fatigue is still there quite prominantly
Old 10-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Frank E Morel

Profile:

Not sure what blood tests are going to be ordered, if you go to your GP and say... I have sore thighs, and they are fatigued. Most likely they are going to look at you funny since its not a systemic complaint.

Either increase your rest day numbers for a while, to recoup. Or consider re arranging your workout schedule. Ie .. work out before work.

The other thing is look at your diet, keep a food journal, and run it thru fitday.com I have a sneaking thought that your not quite making your calories and protein for repairing your energy levels.