CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
Adam Head

Profile:
Hey everyone, After doing some searching, I think I am going to begin my site with typepad. I have seen several people talk about how easy it is. Does anyone have any negative feedback? Also, what levels did you decide to use? I'm thinking that the plus or pro levels are probably the best deal. The only difference is amount of storage space and bandwidth per month, which I have no idea about. So, I guess the final question is, how much space and bandwidth are you all using?

Thanks for your time and comments. Hopefully Crossfit Athens will be up and running before the end of the year.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
Mary Ann Rigney

Profile:
Adam
I just started my website with Typepad (www.crossfitrockwall.com) and it has been pretty easy. This is the first time I have had anything to do with starting a website. Typepad is nice because all you have to do it sign up and they provide you space and you don't need any software to work on your website. Plus, you can update is easily, quickly, and from anywhere. I went with the Pro package...it has more space and you can customize your site better (you might have the same options with Plus, I can't remember). I'm not sure how much bandwidth I'm using...I'm still adding to the site, so I'm sure it's minimal right now. But, you could always go with the lower level and upgrade if you need to. The only negatives I have (and I really don't know too much about it, so I might be able to figure this out at some point) is that it is limited to how you can design your site. You basically have a banner, a blog column, and then one or two side columns. That's perfect for CrossFit, but sometimes can be frustrating when I know what I want to do or create, but don't know how/if it's possible. But Typepad does have a pretty good online help site that has answered all of my questions this far.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
Michael Stehle

Profile:
We use Typepad. It's very easy to use and has many options that I'm still learning about. It's also very easy to upload video using new video egg option.

www.NewJerseyCrossFit.com