CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Dan Rotatori

Profile:
Olympic lifting training

This summer I am looking to specialize in some Oly lifting and eventually compete in some competitions. My question is what is a good way to be training. I am a person that likes to have a program and a goal so I am looking for a Oly lifting program that will help increase all my lifts so I can compete.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Paddy McParland

Profile:
Re: Olympic lifting training

Catalyst Athletics posts an olympic lifting WOD. I haven't done it but it looks great if you wanted to specialize for a few months. http://www.performancemenu.com/
Old 02-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Mike's Gym or Catalyst Athletics (www.cathletics.com) both WFS
Old 02-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rotatori View Post
This summer I am looking to specialize in some Oly lifting and eventually compete in some competitions. My question is what is a good way to be training. I am a person that likes to have a program and a goal so I am looking for a Oly lifting program that will help increase all my lifts so I can compete.
There is an article on the Pendlay.com site on the "articles" page that outlines a beginners routine, then several other articles dealing with how to modify it for different situations. There is also a thread on the forum where people who are using the program discuss it...
Old 02-17-2011, 05:47 AM   #5
Larry Cook

Profile:

All of the resources listed are excellent. I would add Chad Vaughn's Oly Athlete to the list (w/f safe). He posts a beginners program, a meet program and a hybrid program.

Also, if you think you might need a coach, you are not too far from Neal Thompson at CrossFit Boston and Dave Picardy at North Shore CrossFit (also w/f safe). I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
Dan Rotatori

Profile:

Thanks guys these are all great resources I have some research to do. Also I am going to most likely try and find a coach until I perfect the lifts. Any other suggestions besides those two. Any closer to the worcester area where I live during summer.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
Paddy McParland

Profile:

There is a trainer at All Access Fitness in Shrewsbury that was a collegiate oly lifter named Josh. I'm not even sure of his last name. He's not a crossfit fan and kinda looks at me and my workout partner strangely. Apparently he knows his stuff. I think I'd travel to Boston or Newton for some coaches that are coaching oly lifting everyday. None of the clients I see him with at All Access oly lift. The gym tried hosting a class but couldn't get enough interest.

That's kind of a crappy referral, but if you REFUSED to travel 40 min from Grafton- that's a decent start.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
Dan Rotatori

Profile:

Ill take all the referrals I can get i appreciate all the feedback! It is looking like my best bet is going to travel looks like I will have to get a good paying job to keep up with gas haha.