CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 05-14-2004, 06:49 AM   #1
Mark Mueller

Profile:
Matt T. and I have been closing out our WODs with what we refer to as the "Kettlebell Shuttle". It is very similar to the eraser shuttle you did in elementary school, except.....you got it.. you use 35 lb kettlebells. We mark off 20 yards and place both kettlebells at the end...you start off at the opposite end from the kettlebells and sprint to pick up 1 kettlebell and carry it back to the start....then you sprint back to pick up the other kettlebell and return it to the start....The goal is to return the kettebells back to their original starting point (one at at time).

We usually run 3 sets with the goal of running the last one as fast (or faster) than the first. It really gets the heart-rate going and incorporates a lot of functional movement.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:48 AM   #2
Matt Toupalik

Profile:
These are a fantastic conditioning drill.By the second set, you are feeling it in your hamstrings and glutes and they are excellent for getting your heart rate up there.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:34 AM   #3
Graham Hayes

Profile:
I sometimes do a similar thing but with plates of increasing weight. It's a killer! I start at the same end as the plates, take em over then bring em back. By the end you feel like you're running through treacle!
Old 05-14-2004, 10:38 AM   #4
Matt Toupalik

Profile:
LOL.You share our pain, Graham.
Mark also proposed a medley(sp?) type event, similar to what you see in strongman comps, where you transport items of different sizes and shapes to and from a designated point.A keg, a sandbag or two, a couple of kettlebells,etc.It would be a timed event of course;)