CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
Greg Geis

Profile:
Opinion: Crossfit Games Profile Benchmarks

Not that this is all that important, but what do you guys think:

Should your benchmark numbers you put on your profile reflect your all time best or your current stats? When I was in high school I ran a 49 second 400, not so much anymore.

On the one hand, it's kind of fun to bring up your all time PRs. But when leaderboarding, it's also cool to see where the people around you strengths and weaknesses stack up to yours. In that sense, it would definitely be more accurate to add the 10 seconds or so I've tacked on since high school. You should probably just put whatever floats your boat, but I was curious what the general community opinion is.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
John Drohan

Profile:
Re: Opinion: Crossfit Games Profile Benchmarks

I put in current maxes. 20 years ago I was 20 pounds heavier and a lot stronger. I carried more fat, more muscle and obviously lost some of both over the years. For example, I've squatted 405 for 5 reps before and 315 for 12 reps at a 185lb body weight. Now my max is 315 for 1 rep. Ah, the olden days....