CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 09-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Molly Tuman

Profile:
Arrow October 30th - FALL BRAWL - CROSSFIT RAW THROWDOWN

R.A.W. TRAINING and CROSSFIT R.A.W. are excited to host THE FALL BRAWL this October 30, 2010. This event will be a one day challenge of a series of physical tests consisting of 3 events plus a final event.

The FALL BRAWL
R.A.W. TRAINING would like to bring everyone together for an exciting event that is both physically challenging and a BLAST at the same time. Our vision is to bring athletes from not only Pittsburgh and our local community, but also the neighboring CrossFit communities – to all come together for a BRAWL to find out who is the FITTEST MALE AND FEMALE BRAWLER at the end of the day. Being "the fittest" means being able to perform at a high level across a broad spectrum of different physical tests and we plan to do just that! It will be an exciting event to watch as well as compete! The U.S. Marines will be holding several "challenges" throughout the day at this event as well for competitors and spectators. Also, as part of the “THROWDOWN” we plan to have food and beverages so be prepared to eat and drink afterwards! Finally, we are donating to our local Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and The Wounded Warrior Foundation, so you will be helping great causes too!

Date and Times
The FALL BRAWL will take place on Saturday October 30, 2010. Check-in will be held the morning of the 30th from 8:00am-9:30am. Rules and standards meeting will be held at 9:30am and the first event will begin at 10:00am. There will be 3 events for all participants, plus a final event for the top 12 athletes. There will also be an optional BONUS WOD for all competitors inspired and brought to you by the U.S. Marines! The final event will begin at approximately 5:00pm for the top 6 male and top 6 female competitors.

Format
The athletes competing in this event will be tested on many fitness levels. The events will incorporate a variety of different movements and skills. We will offer scaling if needed to allow everyone to participate, however, only the athletes completing the events “as prescribed” will be eligible for the final event. The events will incorporate CrossFit movements that are familiar to those with CrossFit experience, as well as some challenges that could be unfamiliar as well! We all love a little unknown and unknowable right??!! We will announce the 3 individual events 48 hours prior to the competition and the final event will be announced 1 hour before the final event which will be held for the top 6 male and top 6 female finishers only.

Scoring
We will have judges for each of the athletes for each event to ensure that all competitors are held to the same rules and movement standards to make this a fair and exciting event. The athletes that finish in the top 6 after 3 events will move on to the finals. Scoring will be similar to the CrossFit Games scoring system and will be described in more detail when the events are announced 48 hours in advance.

Prizes
We will have CASH and PRIZES for the top finishers from our sponsors and well as other fun prizes for spontaneous events throughout the day for both competitors and spectators! (Including best costume – hey it is Halloween!!!) The U.S. Marines will be at our event as well holding several challenges with prizes for both competitors and spectators.

Participants
The Fall Brawl is open to all level athletes. We encourage athletes to be familiar with different fitness domains and have some exposure to CrossFit style workouts. We will do our best to scale the events to all levels. The early entrance fee is $40 and will go up to $55 on October 9th. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR TICKET EXCHANGES. All Early Entries (before Oct 9th) are guaranteed a FREE event t-shirt but all Regular or late Entries (after the 9th) may not receive a shirt (or the desired size). All athletes will be required to sign a waiver. We are capping this event at only 110 participants so sign up soon to secure your spot!

The FALL BRAWL will be held at the R.A.W. Training Facility at 2330 Wildwood Road, Gibsonia, PA. 15044. It is part of the Wildwood Sports Park.

Food and Beverages
We will have food and beverages available to purchase for lunch and post BRAWL festivities. We will be firing up a huge grill and Bar-B-Q’in chicken, pulled pork, grilling veggies, and also having wraps and salads for sale as well. Get ready to throwdown some delicious eats.

Spectators
There is NO CHARGE for spectators, although we greatly appreciate spectators making a donation in our donations jar towards the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh and Wounded Warrior Foundation. We have plenty of space for all spectators to watch all of the exciting events.

Volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering for this event please let us know. You can e-mail us at info@raw-training.com or call Bruce at 814-244-1056.

Sponsors
If you would like to be a sponsor of this event, please contact us at info@raw-training.com or contact Bruce at 814-244-1056. Sponsor options include prize packages, food and beverage donations, or signs/banners hung at this event.

For additional information go to www.raw-training.com and click on the FALL BRAWL logo to the right of our home page or email us at info@raw-training.com
Old 09-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
Kimberley Ebbert

Profile:
Re: October 30th - FALL BRAWL - CROSSFIT RAW THROWDOWN

I am soo excited...wish it were girls vs. guys...I would like the chance to take the Great T.E. down...I can see it now...T.E. vs. K.E
And the winner is....well, come and compete or volunteer and you can see!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
Judi Caringola

Profile:  

I am so glad there is a competition close to home!!
This should be so much fun. Can't wait to meet competitors from other Crossfit affiliates. Go RAW!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
Mike Whitehead

Profile:

Cool. Glad to see this stuff coming to Pittsburgh.

I just started CrossFit last week after waiting months for a box to open up in the South Hills.

I hope the event is a great success!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
Judi Caringola

Profile:  

Mike, Are you and members from your box coming? I'd love to see the Pittsburgh CF community get together for this!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
Mike Whitehead

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi Caringola View Post
Mike, Are you and members from your box coming? I'd love to see the Pittsburgh CF community get together for this!
From what I understand the head trainer from my box has already signed up. I may be there but won't be competing this time.

I told him it will be nice to yell at him for once!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
Leah Turner

Profile:

I´m really excited to hear about this opportunity! Before I sign up, I am curious to know if there will be more detailed info. about the events. Are they somewhat typical CF WOD´s - how much will be a surprise of new tasks...?
Old 10-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #8
Molly Tuman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah Turner View Post
I´m really excited to hear about this opportunity! Before I sign up, I am curious to know if there will be more detailed info. about the events. Are they somewhat typical CF WOD´s - how much will be a surprise of new tasks...?
Hi Leah - Thanks for your interest! Yes we will be posting much more detailed info about the events 2-3 days before the event. This event is open to everyone, but I can tell you that if you are familiar with crossfit and crossfit movements you will definitely have an advantage over the non-crossfitters. Hope to see you there!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
Katie Crowe

Profile:

What a great place to bring together some amazing people and competitors! Go RAW
Old 10-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
Molly Tuman

Profile:
Exclamation Re: October 30th - FALL BRAWL - CROSSFIT RAW THROWDOWN

Less than one week left to register at the discounted (Early Registration) rate! Can register by going to www.rawtrainingfallbrawl.eventbrite.com