CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-13-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:
Great Gyms visited

I try to go to gyms both out of town and local. Where have you visited or where do you go and what do you like about it?

I am a member of Crossfit Santee near San Diego. I really love the owners 7 of them and they offer open gym all of the time. They gave me a key and don't charge me. I also have all of my gear available for them to use.. plenty of it. We put on a Games nite that promotes myself, the gym and some really great local talent. My coach is one of the owners and travels with me to the big events. Everyone is nice and its a fun atmosphere to work out in. We have some regional athletes Roy Voss and Dani Sidell who push me. I have tried a few other local gyms with no success.. this place is my home.

I have been to Invictus and it was nice but lacked some of that personal love. Its a brand and has a huge following but I prefer my gym.

Went to workout at CF Chalk with Ryan Fisher. One of the nicest guys and gyms. Even had a chance to workout with him giving me pointers then a workout with him having dubs and 12" deficit hs push ups.

On Monday had the pleasure of working out at CF Belltown in Seattle. I heard from another gym owner that they were not personable. But could not have been further from the truth. Heck the guy offered both me and my girlfriend a Cappuccino and later a shot. He was a funny dude. The place is hard to describe, part saloon, dart board, bar area, leather chairs, locker rooms have a separate stool for each person.. big place but every inch of the place was sorted out and had a purpose. Owner was super nice, funny and really into it. Long warm up and he was motivated to teach each and every last one of us.

I might have worked out in 15-20 gyms and if I lived in Seattle this would be my home. Hats off to my travel gym CF Belltown.

Tell us about your gym and your favorite travel gym?
Old 01-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #2
John Drohan

Profile:
Re: Great Gyms visited

I live near Greenville, South Carolina and have belonged to 2 gyms thus far. The most recent one, Crossfit OSC, is where my son has been working out for the past 6 months or so. I have zero complaints about it, the equipment is new and nice, the gym area is huge, and so far the people have been great. I go about once a week on a punchcard basis, as I primarily do my thing in my garage gym.

In 2014, my son and I visited Crossfit Mayhem in Cookville, TN. You may have heard of it...

When we were there, Rich (and James Hobart too!) took some time out of his day to speak to my son, my wife and I. Super nice guy. Also, the coaches that were there during some of the WODs we did were great - extremely attentive to everyone at the same time. Nothing but positives to say about that place.

Other nice gyms I've visited during vacations in Florida:

Crossfit Jax in Jacksonville, FL
Crossfit Bone Island in Key West, FL
Crossfit Vulcan in St. Augustine, FL
Old 01-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Mayhemů Was in Tenn last year at the Power Monkey Camp. The campers got to visit the gym.. maybe should have gone myself.

More Great boxes in San Diego area.
CF Double Barrel- In San Marcos North of San Diego
CF Barracks- competed at this box is super nice
CF Life Effect- east of San Diego
CF Indivisible- east of San Diego great gym with my good buddy and teammate owner
Old 01-14-2016, 03:18 PM   #4
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor J McQuaide View Post
I try to go to gyms both out of town and local. Where have you visited or where do you go and what do you like about it?

I am a member of Crossfit Santee near San Diego. I really love the owners 7 of them and they offer open gym all of the time. They gave me a key and don't charge me. I also have all of my gear available for them to use.. plenty of it. We put on a Games nite that promotes myself, the gym and some really great local talent. My coach is one of the owners and travels with me to the big events. Everyone is nice and its a fun atmosphere to work out in. We have some regional athletes Roy Voss and Dani Sidell who push me. I have tried a few other local gyms with no success.. this place is my home.

I have been to Invictus and it was nice but lacked some of that personal love. Its a brand and has a huge following but I prefer my gym.

Went to workout at CF Chalk with Ryan Fisher. One of the nicest guys and gyms. Even had a chance to workout with him giving me pointers then a workout with him having dubs and 12" deficit hs push ups.

On Monday had the pleasure of working out at CF Belltown in Seattle. I heard from another gym owner that they were not personable. But could not have been further from the truth. Heck the guy offered both me and my girlfriend a Cappuccino and later a shot. He was a funny dude. The place is hard to describe, part saloon, dart board, bar area, leather chairs, locker rooms have a separate stool for each person.. big place but every inch of the place was sorted out and had a purpose. Owner was super nice, funny and really into it. Long warm up and he was motivated to teach each and every last one of us.

I might have worked out in 15-20 gyms and if I lived in Seattle this would be my home. Hats off to my travel gym CF Belltown.

Tell us about your gym and your favorite travel gym?
Great idea. CrossFit Belltown is the one gym I'd like to visit more than any other.