CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 07-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #21
Eric R. Schmidt

Profile:
Re: Military Boot Running

Nick, all army SF strongly recommend that you bring a broken in pair of boots with you to SFAS/Q to run/ruck in. Same goes for Ranger school, etc. Wear ur new boots into the shower/pool and run in them before u get to school. If u wear brand new boots on a run it's gonna hurt. Maybe they will issue you new boots but I wouldn't wear them for runs...ur feet will suffer.

Last edited by Eric R. Schmidt : 07-02-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #22
Nicholas DaSilva

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric R. Schmidt View Post
Nick, all army SF strongly recommend that you bring a broken in pair of boots with you to SFAS/Q to run/ruck in. Same goes for Ranger school, etc. Wear ur new boots into the shower/pool and run in them before u get to school. If u wear brand new boots on a run it's gonna hurt. Maybe they will issue you new boots but I wouldn't wear them for runs...ur feet will suffer.

Well I am breaking them in as we speak. Running, swimming and just regular wear. I guess Ill also grab another set of insoles. Just in case one gets wet I can swap them out for a dry det. Any of you guys recommend I get the hiking thorlos? They seem nice and meaty and feel pretty sweet when I run in them with the boots.

- Nick
Old 07-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #23
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas DaSilva View Post
Well I am breaking them in as we speak. Running, swimming and just regular wear. I guess Ill also grab another set of insoles. Just in case one gets wet I can swap them out for a dry det. Any of you guys recommend I get the hiking thorlos? They seem nice and meaty and feel pretty sweet when I run in them with the boots.

- Nick
No. You'll get issued dive socks which you will be required to run and swim in. At the Unit you go to you will get issued SmartWool socks, and a bunch of other things to keep your feet warm, none of which work. They might be issuing Thor-Lo running socks too. That has gone back and forth.