CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Chris Yang

Profile:
Angry Sharp lower back pain - one leg shortened

Hi all,

I'm posting on the website here for the first time because I just don't know what to do and I'm pretty frustrated with what happened to me. A couple days ago, I was doing kettlebell swings for a wod and I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. Approximately an INCH above the asscrack and to the LEFT.

I took a rest for 2 days (which was frustrating in itself). On the third day (today), my back still hurt and I didn't want to further worsen the pain from lifting so I played some basketball with my friends.

Running and jumping was pretty tedious since I'd have these tiny sharp stabs in my lowerback every time I did anything. But besides that, my coordination seemed severely off. My coordination was perfectly normal when I was playing ball just a few days prior to the injury, but today I did horribly.

My friend also realized that I was standing a little lopsided and my LEFT leg was slightly shorter than my right.

So now I can't play ball or do crossfit until my back gets better. For anyone who has experienced this, PLEASEE help me.. It literally kills me when I can't move around actively.

Lower back (near the buttcrack area to the left) has a stabbing pain when I bend forwards or backwards, left leg is shortened, coordination is ***.

THANKS!