CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 04-20-2006, 04:45 AM   #21
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I was a little bummed out that I missed the recent round of Fran due to injury. I will get her next time. Sub 4, on camera, full range of motion - mark my word!
Old 04-20-2006, 09:14 AM   #22
Martin Schap

Profile:
I wish I could swear during my workouts sometimes, but I work at a Catholic high school, so I have to confine myself to inarticulate screaming. Funny, the kids all think I'm an absolute animal for this and other reasons, but I'm actually very wimpy by CF standards. A sub 4 Fran? That's amazing. My PR is 7:12...
P.S. Zach Even-Esh? THE Zach Even-Esh whose stuff I've been reading in Men's Fitness? The articles on how to be the guy doing the most reps are good stuff. Anthony, if this guy thinks you're a beast then you are. What he says goes.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #23
Anthony Persi

Profile:  
Like already stated, the kip might help you shave off some time, and extending the arms I think would be my best suggestion. I'm still pretty new so I won't try to pretend I know this stuff, but those 2 things make the most sense to me. Other then that man, I want the person doing your recording to come coach me! I need that kick in the butt sometimes to stay moving and I don't always have someone to work out with.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:55 AM   #24
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Martin, hahah, thanks man.

Anthony, you're 100% correct ... as my range of motion has improved, my kip has also improved, and not surprisingly, my chinup numbers have gone through the roof.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #25
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Blah, I'm such a liar! I recorded my set of chins today and they sucked. I couldn't find my groove and my reps were short (and they felt short, so I knew it before I watched the film). I still managed 40, but I'm not happy with it. So it's a tentative PR ... I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:41 AM   #26
Anthony Persi

Profile:  
Don't feel bad, I took 9 days off and couldn't get back up to 20 straight pullups. Funny how quick it leaves you if you aren't using it.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:13 PM   #27
Jonathon Edward

Profile:
I know that this a really delayed response, but I've just stumbled upon this thread. Anthony, like many others mentioned, you're a beast bro! As far as critiques go, it may have been the camera angle but I noticed two thing on the squat portion of your thrusters:
1.) It doesn't look like you're going full depth on the squat. Toward the end you don't even seem to be breaking parallel.
2.) Your knees are drifting forward pretty far. Seems like your sitting straight down rather than back and down.
Maybe you could use a medicine ball or something of the sort to self-check depth and position?
Great performance - keep up the solid work!
Old 05-17-2006, 05:16 AM   #28
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Thanks Jonathon!

It is hard to tell from that angle ... on some reps I can tell the crease of the hip is definitely below the knee, but on others it's a bit more iffy. I have another video of Fran from a slightly different angle and you can tell I'm hitting well below parallel on every rep. So maybe I had an off day or maybe the angle is misleading. Either way, I appreciate you mentioning it so I can pay more attention next time!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:42 AM   #29
Hampton Lane

Profile:  
Very inspiring Anthony. Its perfect timing for me to find this thread today, as you know by now Fran is the WOD. It will be my first date with her.

Also, what do you guys think about using DBs instead of BB for the thusters? It would be more convenient for me since my pullup bar is in the backyard, and its easier to lug the DBs than BB.

Comments?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 AM   #30
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
DBs would be a little more difficult to balance, but there's nothing wrong with that. Just make a note of it when you post your time to the comments on the main page. Good luck!