CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #11
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Pat,
Just a little California (or is it Cahhl-ee-foh-nya as our governator says) geography for you: Disneyland, in Anaheim where I live, is about 350 miles from Santa Cruz (home of HQ and banana slugs!). It's a nice detour along the rugged California coast, but it's a helluva long one too. Best to tell the wife you got lost on the way to Hollywood!!!:biggrin:
Got to read about the Bootcamp after reading Dan John's report in Get Up!! It's funny how ol' BG is referred to here in "Harry Potter" terms (He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken)!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 06:45 PM   #12
Pat Janes

Profile:

Tyler,

Weather in March is great! Summer's just finished so it's very mild and shouldn't rain much; unless you're in Melbourne in which case it rains all the time. :lol:

The 2nd problem with getting a CrossFit Summit DownUnder together is what I've experienced as a distinct lack of interest in real fitness here. I'm aware of only a handful (6-8 maybe?) Oz CF forum members and we're spread out all over the place.

Still... food for thought.

Ron,

Cheers, I'll have to keep that in mind. My only overseas trip was to the US about 10 years ago. I went to Disneyland; we got lost along the way, took a detour off the freeway and ended up driving through Compton - no idea how we ever made it to our destination.

I'd also like to revisit San Francisco, so maybe I could make it part of the trip up...
Old 11-20-2004, 01:33 AM   #13
Adrian Frankling

Profile:
ron, for a lot of us in oz, 350 miles is a day trip. pat raises a valid point though. while as an leo you would think that fitness would be a way of life, it is hard to convince guys that they need to do anything, sometimes hard to convince them to get out of the car to write a ticket because it is too much work.

a crossfit downunder seminar would be great but like pat says, we really do suffer from the tyranny of distance
Old 11-20-2004, 09:32 PM   #14
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Pat - if you come to SF, Santa Cruz is only a short distance and you could come visit. I promise to entertain the wife and kids (if there are kids) at my farm later so everyone will be happy!
Beth
Old 11-21-2004, 10:39 PM   #15
Pat Janes

Profile:

Cheers Beth.

Yup, there are kids... lots of 'em. 4 of our own and our teenage nephew staying with us at the moment... will make for an interesting travel group.