CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 05-23-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
Matt DeMinico

Profile:
Our sports club has a few sub-organizations, one of which is a short track and long track speedskating club. A lot of our guys also do inline speedskating, and we put on an inline marathon every year over memorial day weekend.

At the same time (actually about a half hour after the inline marathon ends), our parent club (Wolverine Sports Club) puts on a 200 mile bike race.

The inline marathon is used to help subsidize our ice fees (like over $400 for 1 1/2 hours in prime time) during the season.

The bike race goes to pay for other expenses at the parent organization, etc.

Time is this Saturday, May 26, 2007 on Belle Isle just outside Detroit. People from all over the country (plus all parts of Canada) are going to be there, and it's going to be a great time.

The website for info is:
http://www.wolverinespeedskatingteam...hon/index.html
Links are on the left side of the page with all the info, registration, etc.

I'm going to be volunteering for the inline portion, so if you get there early enough (before or during the inline marathon), ask around for me, and tell me you're from Crossfit, I'd like to meet some fellow Crossfitters.

Unfortunately, after the inline marathon is done, I'm going to be booking it out of town, so I won't be able to stick around for the bike race.