CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 11-21-2004, 10:45 AM   #1
Brad

Profile:  
Hello everyone,

I have been a lurker here for many months, but only have recently started doing the WOD's on a regular basis. I wanted to start posting my results in order to commit myself to doing the WOD as posted everyday.

My training situation is a bit unique, as I attend a service academy. I don't get much sleep, have little to no choice in what I eat (mostly high-carb stuff), and have very little time to workout. But I love CrossFit and plan to be as diligent as I can in doing the WOD's.

So, thanks for the site and the terrific message boards. I look forward to getting to know each of you better.

Brad
Old 11-21-2004, 11:20 AM   #2
Brian Gibson

Profile:
Welcome to the board.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:59 AM   #3
Paul Theodorescu

Profile:
Welcome :-)
Old 11-21-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
Ryan Atkins

Profile:
Hi Brad,

Welcome to Crossfit!

Old 11-30-2004, 01:16 PM   #5
Sean Mulcahy

Profile:
Hey Brad. Glad to see you've joined the ranks. I am a class of 02' service academy alumni and picked up CF from a Navy SEAL buddy a few months back. Depending on what service you plan to join upon graduation, let me tell you that there is no better program out there to get you ready for the fleet (or whatever you want to call it). You won't get to looking like a huge meat head like most of the guys who hang out in academy gyms (myself previously being one of them), but you'll definitely end up being a much better overall athlete who can actually apply his strength to real world activities. Anyway ... that's my take on things ;) Hope all goes well for you with CF and remember that I used to HTFP also.

Sean
Old 11-30-2004, 01:42 PM   #6
Mike Burgener

Profile:
sean and brad...you two are not navy are you??? the strength coach at navy, kirk woolfolk, is a good buddy of mine....did he teach you the olympic lifts? i know kirk has been seen doing cf stuff. mike burgener
Old 12-01-2004, 02:52 PM   #7
Sean Mulcahy

Profile:
Mike,

Sure am! I learned O-lifts from a coach there who we used to call "Chainsaw". Maybe it's the same guy as your friend, but I wouldn't know ... he was only "Chainsaw" to us. He was a huge guy, bald head, ex-paratrooper I think. Either way, please let Kirk know that there are Academy guys out there hooked on CF ... and I'm getting more of them addicted as we speak.

Sean
Old 12-03-2004, 12:55 PM   #8
eric myers

Profile:  
Hey all like Jason I've been luking around the site for a while but, I have been posting on the board. Loving this site and the daily challenge of completing these WOD's. Being a firefighter this has increased my endurance and strength better than anything else I have ever done. Lots of guys on the job are doing this as well.
See ya later and can't wait to meet some of you soon at an up coming seminar or sumtin.
Eric-SLC
Old 12-03-2004, 12:57 PM   #9
eric myers

Profile:  
I meant Brad and Sean. Sorry listening to Rome on the radio and Jason was the last caller.
Eric-SLC
Old 12-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #10
Richard Boulet

Profile:
Hi my name is Richard Boulet I am a 45 year old corrections officer. i have been training with weights and use rossboxing training methods as well and i am looking forward to trying some crossfit wod.I also play rec hockey twice a week.