CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 08-09-2006, 07:16 AM   #1
Lisa Ray

Profile:
Hey! It's time for another REAL Women CrossFit seminar! The June seminar was a huge success and the trainers and participants alike saw a variety of personal successes, met challenges, and were inspired and encouraged to continue with CrossFit. If you think you're interested in learning about why people love CrossFit so much, how women are meeting it's challenges, and if you want to meet some of the amazing women involved in CrossFit and hear their stories, come to San Diego on August 26th!

You will learn the Push Press, the Thruster, the Deadlift, and Pull-ups. Special attention is paid to proper form for all movements and how to scale the movements for each woman's ability.

Also discussed will be some of the mis-conceptions of fitness and training.

All are welcome! Come and transform your life through the spirit of accomplishment.

http://rwe.typepad.com/real_women_crossfit/
Old 08-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
Peter Queen

Profile:
Lisa, I like the site. I have a couple of ladies at my fire department who are intersted in starting some of the CF functional training stuff that they see me do in our firehouse gym. This will help me to stress the point that what I do is not just for big muscle guys.:happy:
Old 08-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
Yael Grauer

Profile:
What's the chance of having one of these in Flagstaff?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
Lisa Ray

Profile:
Peter-I'm a fire fighter here in Flagstaff. If you want me to put out any info on women doing CrossFit, let me know. I would love to show your fellow women fire fighters that it's totally possible and necessary for the women! I've been training the fire fighters in my department and kicking their butts. That's pretty dam-n satisfying! I will be taking their physical and agility test to hire on full-time in the winter. If I pass I will be the first female to have ever been able to pass that test. I will owe it ALL to CrossFit.

Yael-The chances are high and likely that we will hold a REAL Women CrossFit in Flagstaff. Susan Robinson, the owner of REAL Women Enterprises, is my very good friend and we have already been discussing it. I'll post it up as soon as we decide on a date. In the mean time, you're ALWAYS welcome to come and visit us!

(Message edited by lray on August 11, 2006)
Old 08-11-2006, 10:31 PM   #5
Tim Weaver

Profile:
Lisa

I know my wife would be interested...she was interested in SD, but it was too far to drive for a 4 hour -kicking. :-)
Old 08-12-2006, 06:53 AM   #6
Dale S. Jansen

Profile:
Lisa, am a ff/medic/capt here in Pima County. My daughter(16)might be interested in this. if you could keep informed with dates etc, would be much appreciated. am also xfitter for about 3 years now. i got a new crew in february and it is pretty cool when all nine of us are out in the bay at 1500hrs cranking out xfit. my daughter's email is Morticia89@aol.com. Mine is ctchafire6@aol.com
thanx.:smiley_evilGrin:
Old 08-12-2006, 07:42 AM   #7
Jennifer Conlin

Profile:
How about out here on the East Coast! How about Philly? Or DC? I would love it!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:33 AM   #8
Yael Grauer

Profile:
Lisa--I'll keep trying hard to get together a Tucson Crossfit grrrl posse--I'm working on it!! Will definitely let you know next time I head up North. Last time I went to Flag was for the Ethnobotanical Symposium in '04, so a trip is definitely due.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:59 AM   #9
Fiona Muxlow

Profile:
Lisa, when i make it back to the US next year, started saving for the trip today, im going to have to get me to one of these.
Please keep us informed.

Fiona

PS Good luck on the up coming test.And congrat's on CrossFIt Flagstaff

(Message edited by fiona on August 13, 2006)