CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 10-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Saturday October 1st was the day of the 2nd annual CF Championship at CF North in Seattle. More details will be posted on the CF North site soon but here's a preview:

Weigh yourself - important later

We started at 4 minute and then later longer intervals for a crushing chipper that started with a hop on one foot back and forth along about a 20' rope, other foot on the return. Then to the 20' rope climb for two ascents or 20 jumping pulls on the rope for those unable to do the climb. Then to the dip bars for 30 dips or 50 jumping dips. Next up was a 1000 meter row by the end of which I found that my mouth was drier than it has ever been before. Putting Gatorade in my mouth was like spitting on a forest fire. On to sumo deadlift high pulls with two 36 lb KBs for the guys, a pair of 26s for the girls though some just used one 26. Then to a 75 lb push press for the guys with 55 for the girls...though I hasten to point out that not all the gals used the lower weights. Next was 50 wall ball shots with a 20 for the guys and 12 for the gals. Then we went outside for the pointy stick toss. We had three shots with the spear into a hay bale about 15 yards distant. The spear was a 5' long pointed pole about the girth of a soda can. If you miss you had to drop and do 3 jumping burpees with a pushup and hands in the air on the jump. Once you struck the bale with the point your time stopped.

After you wrestled with Pukie for a bit out in the beautiful (albeit temporary) Seattle sunshine, you came back inside for 5 DL attempts for a max lift. The amount of your DL was calculated out as a percentage of your bodyweight and that was divided into your time.

Thank you Dave Werner for introducing me to Captain Agony and Pardon Me While I Go Throw Up. My lungs ached, my legs turned to rubber, my arms and shoulders became jello and then I had to go for a max DL when my DL is barely at 1.5 BW as it is. That CF tendancy to throw your weaknesses out into the open was glaringly apparent in this Werner inspired death march to be sure.

Details on the CFN website in a day or two. Fantastic competition, incredible performances.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:36 PM   #2
Nic Nakis

Profile:
I worked all night and by the time I got home, this whole thing was over with. I'm really bummed out.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
David Werner

Profile:
Eugene

Thank you for coming and showing us how to suffer. the results are up now at
http://www.crossfitnorth.com/championship.htm

We really appreciate everyone who showed up and competed, nice work all around. The only casualty was Michael Perry, a stalwart competitor at most of our events who was taken out by the balance drill.

Regards
Dave Werner
Crossfit North
Old 10-03-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
Jeremy Jones

Profile:
Awesome!

Strong work Taha - kill'n with the 2.5x bw deadlift! Wow.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
Taha Mohamedali

Profile:
Jeremy, thanks for the +feedback!
Dave, Nancy and the rest of the CFN crew - great job putting the event together, it was a lot of fun.

-Taha
Old 10-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
Nic Nakis

Profile:
I went in and did the course Monday, scored a weak 8.9, but pulled a 2.1 times bodyweight deadlift. I wonder...
Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #7
Kalen Meine

Profile:
Can we have a pointy stick toss in a WOD? Heck, I'd be game for trying to throw my o-bar through the open windows of my car. Hehehe....