CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-19-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
Mike Gray

Profile:
Shipping to Military Bases in Germany?

Hi guys!

I've pretty much given up on finding an inexpensive set of OLY weights here in Switzerland. I've been watching the auction places like a hawk, but it's useless. About once every couple months something half-way interesting turns up - and is promptly bid so high I might as well buy new. It's a seller's market, to say the least!

Anyway, something came to mind: do any of the barbell guys here or elsewhere ship to US bases in Germany? I'm not a military guy and never have been - but maybe I could work something out ...
Old 12-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #2
James Bailey

Profile:
Re: Shipping to Military Bases in Germany?

Hi,

I'm with you on this one, I live in Basel and it is a pain to find stuff here. I found one place in Germany that has oly bars for 175 Euro and bumpers for 260 Euro... They also sell kettlebells, and they deliver to CH for 70 Euro. here is the site w/f/s http://www.megafitness-shop.de/

I haven't ordered yet as need some of that lovely cash for it, but am looking to soon.

See what you think.

James
Old 12-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
Mike Gray

Profile:

Hey - Thanks!!

That's not a bad deal - better than what I've seen around here.

In fact, I think I could make do with one of their 89EUR bars - since my PR on DL is 160 kg (and that with a nasty curved back - my good form PR is only 150!), I'd have pleeeenty of room for improvement.

And weights - yeah, 270 sounds like the same line up I would take: 2x10, 2x20, 2x25. Then add another set of non-bumper 20s for 28 EUR a piece, plus some smaller stuff.

Say, something like 460 EUR for the whole set, plus 75 EUR shipping makes 535 (890 CHF/$770). Ain't exactly cheap - and I ain't exactly rich - but I'll definitely keep it in mind. In fact, if you start thinking seriously about it, drop me a line at mikesusangrayATgmailDOTcom. Maybe we could even do a combined order or some such.

Do you know anything about the quality of their stuff?

Mike

Oh - I also see that they return the German MwSt and give you a rebate for paying ahead of time.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
Fabiano Burzacca

Profile:

Hello I've been in the same trouble finding good equipment here in europe (I'm from Italy) The site you adviced seems nice, but looking at the specs for the bars, they don't weigh 20kgs they are at about 16/17 kg. Maybe I'm wrong since german is not my 2nd foreign tongue (got only one, english and not so good). I have found some other sites in italy, germany, and france, but the problems are often the same: if it's cheap is usually a no name brand which you absolutely don't know about the quality. If it's apparentely good they usually don't sell to Italy or doesn't seems to bother answering you question.
I'm starting to get desperate...