CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #101
Dare Vodusek

Profile:
Re: Renegade Diet

Hello all.

First time posting for me. A big renegade diet fan seeking for a bit of guidance. I think I have all the basics covered.

I am currently at around 15-16% BF so I'll cut/loose fat for a week or two and then move to bulking phase.

But I do wonder about the days when all I do is cardio, 30mins of running outside, is that suppose to be a workout day or a rest day? How about hill hiking?

Paulo Santos, your latest document is suppose to be for maintenance calories only, right?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #102
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Hello all.

First time posting for me. A big renegade diet fan seeking for a bit of guidance. I think I have all the basics covered.

I am currently at around 15-16% BF so I'll cut/loose fat for a week or two and then move to bulking phase.

But I do wonder about the days when all I do is cardio, 30mins of running outside, is that suppose to be a workout day or a rest day? How about hill hiking?

Paulo Santos, your latest document is suppose to be for maintenance calories only, right?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing (WFS)

Check the document again. I had several people who wanted it more like it is in the book, so I changed it back.

First, I'm not sure you will drop under 15% BF in a week or two. You may have to do it for a few more weeks. So when you are cutting fat, I would treat your cardio day as a rest day. When you start bulking, treat the cardio day as a training day. But play it by feel.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #103
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

A very good job there, excellent spreadsheet!

I just wonder, since I only started to post here, whats the meaning of WFS next to the links?
Old 06-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #104
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
A very good job there, excellent spreadsheet!

I just wonder, since I only started to post here, whats the meaning of WFS next to the links?
When you post a link, you have yo put (WFS) which means work and family safe.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #105
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Quick question Paulo as I still try to understand these calories intake.

I am still above 15%, which part of your spreadsheet shall I follow? The Fat Loss (Body Fat 11-15%) ?

btw, how shall one tell he is below 15% ? I do have calliper, but where to measure it? Or its safe to say that once my abs start to show, this is it?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #106
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Quick question Paulo as I still try to understand these calories intake.

I am still above 15%, which part of your spreadsheet shall I follow? The Fat Loss (Body Fat 11-15%) ?

btw, how shall one tell he is below 15% ? I do have calliper, but where to measure it? Or its safe to say that once my abs start to show, this is it?
You can do either Fat Loss or the Maintain. If you are working out a lot or your goal is performance with some fat loss, I would do the Maintain. When you are 10% BF, you will be pretty much ripped.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #107
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Thanks.

I am not a strict crossfit athlete, would you recomment something else for me then?

I do rafting like 2-3x weekly about 1h constant "action" and on top of that about 15-30mins of weights.

Untill now I have had a diet with 3000 kcal on workout days and 2000 on rest days, but that diet was pure paleo, so no carbs, only fat, and I got stuck for quite some time with my performance and my weight (BF hardly changed). Now, after changing to renegade I already feel more energy and I just love the idea of not eating for breakfast and only doing 2-3 meals later, just love it!
Old 07-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #108
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks.

I am not a strict crossfit athlete, would you recomment something else for me then?

I do rafting like 2-3x weekly about 1h constant "action" and on top of that about 15-30mins of weights.

Untill now I have had a diet with 3000 kcal on workout days and 2000 on rest days, but that diet was pure paleo, so no carbs, only fat, and I got stuck for quite some time with my performance and my weight (BF hardly changed). Now, after changing to renegade I already feel more energy and I just love the idea of not eating for breakfast and only doing 2-3 meals later, just love it!
I'd stick with it for a while and see how it works. I don't just do CrossFit and it works well for me.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #109
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Ok, will do.

One more question. Im thinking about adding about 30mins of running in the morning. Just to keep my endurance in shape, I dont plan to do any sprints or uphill running, just a good old steady run. Is doing a pre and after BCAA mandatory? Or lets say I finish running right before my first meal, is pre BCAA mandatory then? Or is running not exhausting enough for muscles, so BCAA is not needed?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:19 AM   #110
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Ok, will do.

One more question. Im thinking about adding about 30mins of running in the morning. Just to keep my endurance in shape, I dont plan to do any sprints or uphill running, just a good old steady run. Is doing a pre and after BCAA mandatory? Or lets say I finish running right before my first meal, is pre BCAA mandatory then? Or is running not exhausting enough for muscles, so BCAA is not needed?
I don't take BCAA's so I can't answer that.