CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-16-2003, 07:29 PM   #11
Kevin Roddy

Profile:
Well, I just don't think that's the style for me... I can't really stomach too much meat (and fat in general), it makes me feel heavy, which becomes a problem during gymnastics practice. I like to stick towards lighter foods, like lots of fruits, veggies and nuts.

Plus, I really don't like cheese all that much. :lame:
Old 09-17-2003, 08:25 AM   #12
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

I understand what you are saying in regard to making you feel heavy. This was actually a problem for me as well. I believe this really only applies if you are a sugar burner. This is discussed thoroughly in NHE (among other places). After making "the metabolic shift," to burning more fat, your body begins to burn fat as it's main fuel source. For me, that means that fat tends to be re-charging now. Whereas if I were to have some fruit, I feel quite odd. However, I do love nuts! Hard for me to control myself with them, though. One night I was surfing the net and by the time I was done, I had almost gone through a 3 pound bag of almonds from costco! Needless to say I did not feel very well after that :lame:. I am not really too fond of cheese anymore either. My stomach just does not like dairy products - which is odd because when I was a kid I drank over a gallon of milk a day - go figure. In regard to your diet, gotta do what works for you! :happy:

-Humilis
Old 09-17-2003, 10:01 AM   #13
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Jay-
The article relating to a multiplyer is here:

http://www.thepaleodiet.com/articles...%20Article.pdf

The goods are at the end of the article and amount to 50kcal/kg if I recall correctly.

Frank-

What do you think is a good BF level for fighters? I remember reading Frank Shamrock saying that he performed much better and was less injured when he allowed his bf to go from ~5% to around 10%. It is interesting that most of the anthropological data puts healthy huntergatherer men at 8-10%.
Thanks Robb
Old 09-19-2003, 09:39 AM   #14
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

Rob - Loren Cordain sends his Regards. I have been corresponding with him on a few issues. After discussing my caloric questions with him he informed me that he thought 3700 to be a bit on the high side (If it works for you, though, then great). He also informed me that I should be less concerned with the caloric quantity of food and more with the type and quality of the food I ingest. I have one question for you as well. You stated that if you did not train Capoiera you would not even bother with the carb ups. Since I really don't participate in any type of Martial Art and or Endurance Sport, would I be better off to just avoid the carb-ups? I am a bit confused - when corresponding with Dr. Di Pasquale he informed me that he believes going low carb for more than 7 days is tempting the Catabolic Gods. what are your thoughts on this? As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jonathon