CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Re: Lauren's Log

bah. ok so last workout was saturday. couldn't do the rowing so i did 5rounds, 20 push ups, 15x situps, 10xboxjumps, 5 pull ups. and then i had a date with the hubby!
been sick the past two days, blaming it on the weather. did not work out yesterday and i had planned to work out today but given the general crappiness of how i've been feeling i think it's better to wait another day.
resting, taking my vitamins, drinking my tea and water. get back on track tomorrow!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #12
Lauren Gardner

Profile:

i'm praying that at some point SOON running for more than a block will not kill my calves and leave me limping for the next two days. is something seriously wrong with me???

great work out today, abs are totally smoked haha. switched up the 50 back extensions for 25/60lb deadlifts. we don't have a machine or a bench i can do the back extensions on right now BUT WE WILL SOON!!! much thanks to my hubby who is slowly but surely working on building up our gym. should be getting rings this week soon too a little nervous and excited about that.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #13
Lauren Gardner

Profile:

WE GOT RINGS!!!!

no i have not used them yet. that will be today since i did not do yesterday's WOD.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #14
Lauren Gardner

Profile:

OK so yesterday I got back on the grind. It had been a crappy week of not feeling good, major headaches ect. buti managed to complete at least three or four work outs.
Zac (husband) is starting me on a strength biased WOD program. So yesterday was 3 sets of 5 reps each back squats. 75lbs. i think i can do more weight next time. then it was thrusters. i -know- i hadn't been working to my potential or eating right this week because I should have been able to toss up 60lbs like it was well..60lbs..but instead i struggled a bit and decided it would be better to drop it down to 45. so it was 4rft of 5xthrusters 15 box jumps and 20 sit ups. :-) killer!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #15
Lauren Gardner

Profile:

Ok so I have to back date a couple of days here. Monday I rested. Tuesday I did a 10 min round of as many reps as possible. But first for the strength bias i started out with deadlifts.

deadlift 115 5reps/4sets
deadlift 95 15reps/1set

10mins many rounds as possible

7x sumo high pulls-45lbs

10 burpees

10 pushups.

I made it 6mins before my back just gave out. Honestly, I had bad form on the burpees because I was so tired from the dead lifts.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM   #16
Lauren Gardner

Profile:

Wensday Work Out:

25 burpees followed by

(5rft)

5 push press

10 kipping pull ups.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #17
Tara Garrett

Profile:

Hi Lauren,

I'm not a runner either and the 2 5ks I've done left me with calf pain/soreness for over a week. My suggestion is to invest in a foam roller. Stretch and roll before and after each run and ease your way into the mileage.

There are some good free programs for marathon training on the web, but be cautious of over training. Cf takes a huge toll on the body and getting sick and feeling like poo are signs that you're not giving your body adequate time to heal. I've been there myself and it isn't fun.

One more note, if I let my hubby pick my weights I'd be dead. What works for me is using a % of a 5 rep max to figure out my scale. Hope this helps and good luck in training!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #18
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Talking Re: Lauren's Log

Been a few weeks since i've post anything because i've pretty much been concentrating on training for this marathon. I completed a 10k on Saturday with my hubbie :-) it was a New Years goal for us to run a race togethor and i'm so glad i did it. I'm up to running about 7miles now and this week i'm going to push it to 10. My calves are MUCH better now and i'm only doing light cross fit work outs 2x a week, sometimes less depending on my training. Once this marathon is over though i'll be back at it. I MISS THRUSTERS!! what?? i know crazy but I do. I've been youtubing training videos and going through the crossfit video's like crazy. today i'll do the WOD and probably do some 60/120's tonight with my running partner.

Oh! and i've also dropped about 5lbs since i've started running :-) and my endurance is WAAAY up. It's nice to be able to 400m w/o stopping to walk now :-). Like I said, i miss crossfit, but i think this running thing has been good for my confidence.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Talking Re: Lauren's Log

yaa!! i'm back :-)

12min AMRAP 5 thrusters, 7 deadlifts, 9sit ups. = 7rounds. 45/65.
prior= 30 min 60/120's.

weight was too light. i underestimated myself. next time ill over estimate. i'd rather drop weight for being too heavy that lift too light and feel like a wuss.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 AM   #20
Lauren Gardner

Profile:
Red face Re: Lauren's Log

running running running. that is what this week will hold for me. 10miles today. pray i make it. been having trouble getting my breathing under control- i think the weather change has affected my asthma. but i'm gonna do it! next week only running 2x's before the race.

been checking out CF gyms in San Diego. when i move there in january i'm thinking of maybe trying some for a couple months just to get some classes in- see how i'm progressing on my own. but my husband is moving all of our gear out there cuz lets face it. a crossfit gym membership is expensive!!! so i'll probably be taking the free seminars when i can and do occasional drop ins. i hope i can keep up. can anyone suggest to these people to lower the rates? i just can't justify 125 bucks a month...