CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
Ned Ferguson

Profile:
Re: beyondthewhiteboard.com v. noscrolls.com v. www.logsitall.com WOD data tracking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Do any of these allow the individual user to add his/her own exercise? From time to time, our box throws a movement into a WOD that isn't listed in (in our case) BTWB's exercise database. This makes me have to either (1) select the next closest movement or (2) overlook it and just record the rest of the workout.

- Mark
Mark, I should have read your post a little more carefully, but there is no reason for you to do this. If you can't find a workout that suits you, you can create a custom WO. When using the workout search feature you will notice at the top center of the results page a line that says "Can't find a workout? Create one." with a link. Just click on it and create a custom WO with as many different exercises, rounds, and options as you like. If an exercise does not exist in the DB at all, I am pretty sure that you can contact the admin at BTWB and they will add it for you.

P.S. It seems to me, if your box is a member and doing its own programing, that someone other than yourself would/should take the initiative to do this for you.

Last edited by Ned Ferguson : 07-10-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:
Re: beyondthewhiteboard.com v. noscrolls.com v. www.logsitall.com WOD data tracking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
Mark, I should have read your post a little more carefully, but there is no reason for you to do this. If you can't find a workout that suits you, you can create a custom WO. When using the workout search feature you will notice at the top center of the results page a line that says "Can't find a workout? Create one." with a link. Just click on it and create a custom WO with as many different exercises, rounds, and options as you like. If an exercise does not exist in the DB at all, I am pretty sure that you can contact the admin at BTWB and they will add it for you.

P.S. It seems to me, if your box is a member and doing its own programing, that someone other than yourself would/should take the initiative to do this for you.
Ned - I create custom workouts all the time. That's not the issue.

What happens every so often is that a movement comes up in our WODs that isn't in the BTWB database. For example, we occasionally do "PIN and DOUTs," which is a parallette pushup, followed by a kickthrough to an inverted plank, followed by a dip, followed by a kickthrough back to a pushup position. We don't do them often, but they come up often enough that I'd like to be able to log them. As far as I know, there's no way for me to add that movement myself.

I've been unsuccessful in my prior attempts to get the BTWB PTB to add a movement for me. I asked twice and got no response, so I've never tried again.

And, frankly, I'd prefer to not have to rely on someone else for this sort of thing anyhow. Perfection for me would be a feature that allows me to create my own personalized movement list that overlays/supplements the centralized common list.

- Mark
Old 07-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #13
Ned Ferguson

Profile:

Quote:
Ned - I create custom workouts all the time. That's not the issue.

What happens every so often is that a movement comes up in our WODs that isn't in the BTWB database. For example, we occasionally do "PIN and DOUTs," which is a parallette pushup, followed by a kickthrough to an inverted plank, followed by a dip, followed by a kickthrough back to a pushup position. We don't do them often, but they come up often enough that I'd like to be able to log them. As far as I know, there's no way for me to add that movement myself.
That sound like an interesting movement.

Quote:
I've been unsuccessful in my prior attempts to get the BTWB PTB to add a movement for me. I asked twice and got no response, so I've never tried again.
That surprises me. Good to know.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #14
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
That sound like an interesting movement.
It sucks.

And is, hence, very good for ya.

The pushup and dip components are easy enough. The kickthroughs (note that there are two per rep) are brutal though and really add up on a high-rep sequence. Tabata Pin-n-Douts are horrendous.

- Mark
Old 07-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #15
Kurt Armbruster

Profile:

CFC and the YMCA have what I affectionetly call "metcons at the Y." Due to equipment issues (no oly bars etc) we're always doing stuff that is not in BTWB. I usually just send an email request in for the movement and they're able to accomodate.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #16
Rob St. Croix

Profile:

Quote:
Do any of these allow the individual user to add his/her own exercise? From time to time, our box throws a movement into a WOD that isn't listed in (in our case) BTWB's exercise database. This makes me have to either (1) select the next closest movement or (2) overlook it and just record the rest of the workout.

- Mark
withfit does. Click on my signiture to go to my log and look at the site. I was uning an excel spreadsheet for awhile, but this is by far better and easier.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #17
Jeremy Kauffman

Profile:

Quote:

- Mark
WithFit (w/f/s) makes it incredibly simple to add custom exercises. You can do it from right inside of the page for creating a workout. I recommend creating a workout yourself (w/f/s) and seeing how easy it is.