CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 AM   #1
Zack Lewis

Profile:
Lou's Crossfit Journey..

Since I am new at this I will give a little history...I have been trying different globo gym workouts and failing to keep up with them and then I found crossfit! It changed the way I workout of course but it adds so much more to my life! It makes me want to head to the gym! I started at 285 and down ten pounds in about 3 weeks or so, weight that I needed to lose! I am going to be posting my workouts here and gains. I am going to be on a three day on, one off type of schedule. When I cannot go to the gym, I will complete a crossfit workout at home. I hope you enjoy what I post, any and all advice is welcomed!! I will have my first crossfit total workout tonight with deadlift-shoulder press and squat. I have never got a total so this will be interesting to see where I am...for now I am out!!!! I will return tonight to let you know how it went!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Artem Sivak

Profile:
Re: Lou's Crossfit Journey..

So where's the update man? I want to see progress!!! I want to see fire! I want to see glory! Show me!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Ryan Dickinson

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Lou's Crossfit Journey..

Hey Zack! Thanks for wishing me luck on Tuesday. I've started an email alert to help me follow your thread so I know how you're progressing. Where's the update for the 1 rep max WODs? I'm excited that you're here. First off, you've got a really good start. I promise you that you're in the right place as far as getting to the level of fitness you want to be at. Losing 10 pounds in 3 weeks is really good! Try to focus more on acheiving faster times and pushing more weight on the WODs instead of watching the scale. Muscle weighs more than fat so if you're only going by weight you might find yourself discouraged when you dont see pounds dropping when in reality, its your body transforming fat into muscle and body into beast mode.

Keep it up and give us an update when you can. Like Sivak said, show us FIRE.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Zack Lewis

Profile:

HEY!!!! Life gets away from you sometimes man! Wow...but anyways, I had a meeting at work that lasted 2 hours that was only supposed to go thirty minutes so I missed the last class of the day where I go, so instead I ran...I did 400 meters 20 air squats did that for 3 rounds. I know it wasn't on the plan but I had to do what I had to do I guess. Then on Wed. I did 20 squats, 20 pushups 20 situps for 5 rounds. That was another home workout...TODAY!!! I got to go to crossfit and did 1 minute wall balls 1 minute rope climb-subbed with minute pullups and did with band for the first time for the first three rounds!! and 200 meter run. I did not keep too good of track of reps, I wanted to focus on form and lets not lie...GETTING IT DONE!!! I feel great about it and finished it well. They told me this is a marathon not a sprint so try and not be upset if you do not do Rx'd and do scaled...so Im swollowing pride and scalling, which is great so far. I love it!!! I am also doing a burpee challenge!!!! did one today!!! two tomorrow!!! Diet is not bad!!!! tomorrow finding wha tto make for lunch tomorrow...faith says no meat fridays...trying to get my ppj together! fish for dinner tomorrow night!!!!!!

ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY!!!!!

Last edited by Zack Lewis : 02-25-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
Zack Lewis

Profile:

Day two of the burpee challenge! Complete!!!!!! Today the diet was a little above the average day. The big part of it is that I have almost got my gallon of water in me....half your body weight in oz. So I almost got that in me! So I am happy with that....HOW MUCH WATER IS TOO MUCH?!?!?!?

Workout-
Warm-up-two rounds
30 Jumping jacks
10 Burpees

Workout-wasnt much did at home....but I didnt take the day off

For time-Five Rounds
10 squats
10 pushups
10 situps

*really focused on form on all three, want to make sure I have good form and get a great workout at the same time!!! I hope you all have a great weekend.

What doesn't kill you will make you stronger!!!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
Artem Sivak

Profile:

Looking good bud! Now I'm looking at your workout and it says for time but for the life of me I can;t find the actual time, I must be losing my eyes!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
Zack Lewis

Profile:

HAHAHAHA yes it does say for time!!! But I forgot the time!!!! I am glad my wife had the stop watch!! it took 10 minutes!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
Zack Lewis

Profile:

Off day today! Did my third day of the burpee challenge! Diet went well today!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
Zack Lewis

Profile:

Had a great weekend..diet was not just great but better than I usually do! So I feel good about that! Today was day four of the burpee challenge! I already feel better at them! Here is my workout for today...Went well until the 25 pushups...that was a struggle!!! IT only gets better! Will post again tomorrow!!!

For time: 7 Minutes and 49 seconds!
15 Squats
15 Push-ups
15 Pull-ups
15 Sit-ups
25 Squats
25 Push-ups
25 Pull-ups
25 Sit-ups
50 Squats
50 Push-ups
50 Pull-ups
50 Sit-ups
Old 03-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
Zack Lewis

Profile:

Man, I think I should change this to the life changing of Zack...I think crossfit is helping me in so many more ways than in my weight loss...I feel better about everything and most of all I have more energy! So, I am feeling really good. Diet today...NOT GOOD during the day but great at night! Still learning trust me!!!

Day Five of the Burpee Challenge...Going just fine...Did it after my workout...not easy but got them done!!!

Three rounds for time of: 21 minutes!!!
25 Muscle-ups-sub for muscle up progression!!! 20 reps
100 Squats-scaled with 50 squats
35 GHD situps-scaled with 25 crossfit situps from the floor.

Anyone have any good supplements to get for recovery/meal replacement for morning meals.....HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!!!