CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 06-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #11
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Clean and Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier Ramirez View Post
I think it is because I kinda have bad form while squatting and trying to keep my back, basically, vertical. At today's practice my middle back was killing me when i was trying to squat.. Like is that normal or something, or am I just really messing up with my form.
No, your back should not hurt. If it does, either your form is bad or you injured something (probably because your form was bad), or possibly both. Use less weight and fix your form.

Katherine
Old 06-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #12
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
Re: Clean and Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier Ramirez View Post
Also I have another problem with cleaning... on Thursday we were doing sets of 5 cleans at practice and my very last clean I went low on instead of power cleaning it. After I front squatting it I felt some pain in like the middle of my spine/back.

I think it is because I kinda have bad form while squatting and trying to keep my back, basically, vertical. At today's practice my middle back was killing me when i was trying to squat.. Like is that normal or something, or am I just really messing up with my form.
Without video of your form. It's hard to know what caused your back to hurt. But guessing off the top of my head, I'll bet it was your back form off the floor that's the culprit.

Get a coach