CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-04-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
Giles Clarke

Profile:
ZONE Reading Up

Iíve been doing Crossfit for a year and five months now and absolutely love it. The gains and improvements Iíve seen with this program are not to be believed. Whatís more, I love doing it. I actually hate rest days and feel genuinely guilty on days I miss a workout because of work or other engagements. Like most, I was completely skeptical when I was first introduced to the program. I could not believe that my hour and a half in globogym could be replaced by 20 minutes in my garage. I gave myself 3 months to try the program to see if I saw any resultsÖthe rest is history.
Throughout my time with Crossfit I have seen the constant posts espousing the virtues of The Zone. After all of this time I am ready to give it a shot and wanted to know what info I should read to get a complete understanding of the program. I looked on Amazon.com and there are a dozen Zone books out there. As much as I want to understand the process I donít have time to read that many books. I know that Enter the Zone was the first book, but have heard some people say that you should read the second book first, and others saying you just need the Crossfit journals, etc.
For those of you who have been on the Zone for a while and found it to have worked for you what did you read to get you started? Thank you very much.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:28 AM   #2
Gerhard Lavin

Profile:
Re: ZONE Reading Up

Get CrossFit Journal 21 and reference the various Zone websites for the rest. That's all you need.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:16 AM   #3
Amy Tompkins

Profile:
Re: ZONE Reading Up

What you need to read depends on how much you want/need to know. I recently bought "Enter the Zone", and didn't find it any more usefull than Journal #21. The journal gives you the "how" - how many blocks and what to eat. The book will try to fill in part of the "why" - but to me it all seemed like a combination of vaque medical theories and marketing hype. I didn't need the "why" - I see why the Zone is a good compliment to CrossFit here on the boards and at my affiliate.

I also have a paperback called "What to eat on the Zone" which was cheap and has all of the basic information about blocks and favorable foods. It also has a fast-food restaurant guide. I found it usefull when I first started as a quick reference guide, and handy when I was travelling and ate out a lot.