CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
Ben Chapman

Profile:
Crossfit on the road(or any fitness really)

Family/work safe

I'm a military guy and on the road alot (or the air depending how you look at it) My question is for other folks who are somewhat nomadic, traveling around a lot for their jobs.

How do you maintain a crossfit regimen when you're away from your home gym 250+ days per year? I guess I am concerned that with all the traveling it will be hard to always be in a place where the resources are available to do alot of these specific workouts. Any one else deal with this? Ideas?
Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
David Aguasca

Profile:
Re: Crossfit on the road(or any fitness really)

one of the aspects of crossfit is to "increase work capacity across mixed time and modal domains." this doesn't mean you have to do the wod as Rx'd to achieve that....but you should do something like it. keep your workouts varied and intense.

getting yourself rings and a pair of dumbells or KBs is a good start. you can do a LOT with just that. from there... you just need to get good at finding places where you can work out undisturbed, and where you can do pullups or hang your rings.