CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 01-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #11
Chris Bate

Profile:
Re: 1LT Nick Harris - 279 CAV - Work Out Post

Generally for the Tabata workouts your score for each exercise is the number of repititions you performed during your worst round. So for you it would go 3, 12, 9, 19. Probably still a good idea to keep track of the total number of reps performed and watch it go up .

Situps: I'm pretty sure you cand do any kind of situps you want, as long as you're consistent and can track your progress. Although if you have some kind of PT test you want to improve at, you'll probably want to use those kinds of situps. Specifity is key for tests.

Pullups: Kipping is standard for Crossfit. I believe the reasoning is kipping = more power and more functional.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:53 AM   #12
Raymond Kaplan

Profile:

Nick,

The way I understand it, Tabata something else is what's called a "sell-out" effort. A typical Tabata only scores the lowest of the 8 rounds. In Tabata something else, you keep track of overall reps, just like you did. So you're tracking. 439 is a great score, and I can't wait to see where you go from here.

As far as the sit ups go, scaling is always allowed. Crunches on a ball are okay, especially if you have a back, neck, or other injury that keeps you from doing full "military" sit ups. Personally, I'll always take increased range of motion over raw output. If they'd let me do it on a Glute-Ham developer, I'm not sure I'd turn 'em down! I'm a big fan of form and power, but do what you've gotta do to get the smoke.

Rest Later,

1LT Ray Kaplan
1-32 IN
"Coldbore"
Old 01-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #13
Nick Harris

Profile:

Chris and Raymond, I appreciate the information. I will definitely keep working on all parts of my CrossFit game. I will definitely start doing the military situps though, even though I hate them...

God bless you guys!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #14
Nick Harris

Profile:

Sorry it has been a couple of days since I logged my information. I have been on military duty and it has been extremely hard to get to the internet. So here is my information for 08 JAN 2008 "Cindy" and 09 JAN 2008 "Michael."

January 8th, 2008
"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

I finished a total of 14 rounds, a personal best improving on my last attempt of 12 rounds.

January 9th, 2008
"Michael"
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

I finished with a time of 31:02.

Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight and be ready for "Diane" tomorrow!!! Either way, I'm knocking it out! Hooaah!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:44 AM   #15
Raymond Kaplan

Profile:

One of the great things about Crossfit is the amount of variation. It's almost endlessly entertaining, and thats important for those of us who get bored easily.

That being said one of the most satisfying things is to go back over past workouts and set new PR's. Great job on Cindy, and glad to see you back posting!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #16
Nick Harris

Profile:

"Diane" - 11 JAN 2008

21-15-9 reps of:
225 pound Deadlift (modified with 135 lbs)
Handstand push-ups (modified with legs on wall)

Well, I have to say this is one of the toughest exercises I have to do. Until CrossFit I have performed Deadlifts, wow, I have been missing out. I have found over the past couple of months I am really weak at Deadlifts. I need to work on my grip, upper and lower back strength, and my leg strength. I am a little embarrased I used 135 lbs and not closer to 200 lbs, it would take me forever to hit 21 reps on 225 lbs. At this point I can't do 135 lbs without stopping for a quick breather.

Handstand pushups are crazy, I enjoy them, just weak in the core to stabilize myself to do an unassisted handstand pushup.

My time was 22:29...

If anyone has recommendations on improving Deadlifts and handstand pushups, besides just doing them more often, please let me know.

Thanks and God bless!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #17
Nick Harris

Profile:

"Elizabeth" 12 JAN 2008

21-15-9 reps of:
Clean 135 pounds (modified with 115 lbs)
Ring dips (modified with bar dips x 2, 48-30-18)

Awesome work out! My time was 16:57...

I feel I can improve on this work out next time around!

God bless!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #18
Nick Harris

Profile:

WOD - 13 JAN 2008

I completed 10 rounds and 7 extra in round 11, totalling 62..

Officially 10 rounds was completed.

I did an extra chest exercise of the following:
1 set - 135 lbs - 35 reps
2 set - 225 lbs - 6 reps
3 set - 185 lbs - 8 reps

A little chest burn out before I left...
Old 01-13-2008, 06:54 PM   #19
Nick Harris

Profile:

Since I have been doing CrossFit while at my MOB station preparing for deployment to Iraq it was just me and one other person, CPT U aka CPT America! Just in the last two months I have seem tremendous changes to my body and strength! Losing 21 lbs, toning up tremendously from where I was. Strength and flexibility is way up. Endurance and cardio has improved tremendously. The guys I serve with have seen a huge change in me and wanted to know what I was always give out after every work out in half the time it took them to do their workouts.

I am happy to say I have had four six "joes" joining me for CrossFit training sessions at the gym. We use the site all the time for exercises and demos for guidance. Of course the community here is great to learn from as well.

I appreciate the site and how much it helps in getting me organized and busy. I look forward to seeing how we all improve after our deployment.

God bless!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #20
Raymond Kaplan

Profile:

Nick,

Good work rallying others by example! I'm attempting to do the same, but meeting with less success. Any tips or tricks you could share about how to "sell" Crossfit to our type of crowd would be much appreciated.

Rest Later

Ray