CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-16-2006, 11:23 PM   #1
Kalen Meine

Profile:
I just thought I'd throw out a plug- I just got my copy of Starting Strength....wow. Get one. Hurry. Before some Bowflex/Nautilus hit squad destroys this stunning example of incredibly good training sense. Stunningly good sense. It's like having the best coach you ever met in your hands. It even has a frakking flip book for the lifts. If you've ever tried to get a lifting buddy to do something right, the answers are there. If you've ever been thinking that even a basic move was a little suspect, you'll know how it should feel, what it should look like, and what to think to get there. My squat has always been good- it got better in about 5 pages. Out of 50 on the squat. Programming, explosive strength, it's all there.

Really. Hurry. Stick your CFJ's inside the front cover, and bungee cord it to your squat rack.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:32 AM   #2
Aaron Wilson

Profile:
Wow very excited . Ordered my copy a week or two a go and should have it any day .

Old 02-17-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
Tim Carmignani

Profile:
Although I am normally just a lurker here I had to reply: heck yah!

Terrific book. I was talking with one of my youth wrestling parents a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned he was starting his oldest on lifting (very mature [physcially at least] 7th grader). The next practice I brought him my copy of Starting Strength so he could give it a quick read.

He had it for a weekend and brought it back to me. I asked him if it had been any help: "I only read the first 25 pages then went online and ordered one for myself."

Bit by bit, baby stepping toward a stronger world.

Getting him on Tyler's rings is my next goal... course I need the rings first TYLER! =)

Tim
Old 02-17-2006, 08:03 AM   #4
Dennis Yiatras

Profile:

I ordered mine last week..
Old 02-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #5
Mike Minium

Profile:
It's an amazing text, chock full of insights and useful, practical information on teaching and performing lifts for strength development.

And the 4-paragraph essay on page 6 on why physical strength "is the most important thing in life" and how "this is true whether we want it to be or not" is worth the cost of the book alone.

Mike