CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-11-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
Stephen M Gonzales

Profile:  
Pertaining to perhaps the most important piece of home-gym equipment...What do you guys/gals/kids post up on your walls?

I saw the prints Ironmind had in their catalog but none of em really caught my eye. I did a bit of a google for something inspiring but came up with mostly those annoying black-bordered photos of seagulls getting sucked into jet-engines with the words "Perserverance" or what-not crud.

Anyone have any good websites/recommendations? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #2
Frank C Ollis

Profile:
Stephen,

I have horizontal black lines on one wall and black x's on the other.
I use the lines as a refence for movement while evaluating video of lifts, wrestling, etc.
I use the x's as a focus point so I remember to keep good body position.
I also have one 8.5 x 11" framed quote.
"Train with maximum intensity, or go home and stop wasting my time and yours."
Old 02-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #3
Stephen M Gonzales

Profile:  
Wow, thats actually not a bad idea. Thanks!

Nice quote too.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:36 AM   #4
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Read Eugene's post regarding the Crossfit seminar, one thing that jumps out is: "So, how do we maximize this intensity issue? Simple, keep score.

“Men will die for points.”

Ken Cooper adds “Fear of sporting failure is worse than the fear of death.”

I have a dry wall sized white board on my wall with all of my max lifts (bench, squat, DL, O-lifts, etc.) all of my long distance efforts (5, 10 k runs and rows) and all of the benchmark workouts, written in dry erase marker. One of the best tips I've found!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #5
Michael Mann

Profile:
In addition to the whiteboard sections with times and maxes, I have an eclectic assortment of posters, photos, and even license plates. (The kind that have a saying like, "If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.") The pictures are a collection dating back to my childhood sports hero's. (I have 8x10's of the Steeler linebacking trio of Lambert, Ham and Russell that some of my younger workout partners have only heard of.) And several military theme pictures and posters from my past, and posters from my current Fed LE organization. I even have a B&W of Marilyn Monroe bench pressing. Some change, some have followed me for years, a buddy recently recognized an old poster of a "Gold's Gym-type fitness gal" from my college dorm room (80's). People always comment on the decor and how representative it is of my interests and past.