CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #61
Meghan Reid

Profile:
Re: 1st Elements Class hit me like a truck 4 non athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara Yeo View Post
Yes, I totally dropped my son right on his knees. My quads just gave way and collapsed underneath me. I run after three children all day long and that is a workout in itself. Please read my more current posts. I am doing 90% better now. AND YES I was injured. Have you ever had surgery where they had damage muscles? It was just like that. Totally. Like I said, part my fault for pushing too hard.
I think Katherine was agreeing with you, Cara. She was saying that you were "damaged" and the pain wasn't just in your mind because you obviously would have not dropped your kid if you could have physically held him. But you couldn't physically hold him.

Really glad to hear that everything is going well for you and that you are working well with your trainer. Keep it up. You have so much capacity for progress! Just make sure to listen to your body and take it slow.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #62
Chad Anderson

Profile:

Glad you kept with it!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #63
Brett Dartt

Profile:

cara, thanks for getting back to your thread. its good to hear you are alright and now moving in the right direction!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #64
Jason Wallis

Profile:

Quote:
Between learning the air squats and doing the WOD, I would say the first day I did over 50 air squats. It may be no big deal to you but if you do them correctly and for the first time in your life, muscles that have never been used will tear you apart! No one could have predicted how my body would react but I do believe I over did it that day. Haven't we all over done it at one point? Mine happened to be the first day ;p
Thanks for getting back to us. Yes, we've all overdone it (especially me), and again I hope I didn't come across wrong. I absolutely believe that you were sore to the point of injury, but I don't think anyone could have predicted that the soreness would be that extreme. Some of the posters here came across as ready to charge your trainer with attempted murder. Mostly, I'm glad that you didn't let a bad experience get you down, I'm looking forward to when you post up and tell us you ran a 25min 5k and knocked out about 30 pullups. Good luck!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #65
Cara Yeo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan Leigh Ramos View Post
I think Katherine was agreeing with you, Cara. She was saying that you were "damaged" and the pain wasn't just in your mind because you obviously would have not dropped your kid if you could have physically held him. But you couldn't physically hold him.
Ahh My correction. I see what she was saying now. I had to read it twice
So Katherine is right on. Thanks for pointing that out ;p
Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #66
Cara Yeo

Profile:

Thanks all
Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #67
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

Cara, I am thrilled you are ok, even if sore, you're ok. One week isn't unheard of for that kind of pain. Kudos for staying with it, and doing everything modified to suit your needs. Even skinny as a rail, I've over-done and was out for weeks on the legs. It was pre-Cross-Fit. I was "braving" more than I should have using Smith Machine(bad word here, probably), and Leg Press.
Please continue to keep it up and keep us posted. You are awesome!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #68
James White

Profile:

If it makes you feel any better, I can barely walk up the stairs after my most recent four rounds of: 400m run + 50 squats WOD.

To put it in perspective...I recently hit 415# on my backsquat, so it sucks even if you've been doing this awhile.

Kudos for sticking with it.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #69
John Wong

Profile:

Cara, do your best and forget the rest.

All the negative posters, you need to change your attitude and be more encouraging. It's a big step for someone to actually do what she did, walked into a Xfit center. The rest is history.

All everyone else, we all know forum support is one of the reason people can succeed in this programs. So, keep it up.

And above all, only good things will come from here on.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #70
Darla Powell

Profile:

Quote:
Yes, I totally dropped my son right on his knees. My quads just gave way and collapsed underneath me. I run after three children all day long and that is a workout in itself. Please read my more current posts. I am doing 90% better now. AND YES I was injured. Have you ever had surgery where they had damage muscles? It was just like that. Totally. Like I said, part my fault for pushing too hard.
I am glad you are better but I will have to disagree as to the fault.