CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #21
Helen Lawson

Profile:
Re: Equipping a New Facility

If you plan on getting >1 rower it might be worth the time to drive up to the C2 shop in Vermont and get some demos. They have only been used a few times (like for CF Regionals or something like that) and are discounted pretty good. However, i don't think they ship for free. I suggest calling Concept (i did) and talking to one of the sales reps about the options.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #22
Tommy Alfinito

Profile:

I have a question about the barbells. I was assuming that you needed a specific "bumper" bar if you were dropping the bar, but I was talking to someone and they explained that there is 2 basic kinds of bars. My question is if I get just regular bars for cheap off of craigslist to use with bumper plates, will I run into any big problems. If the bars will eventually break down thats fine, but I want to make sure they can handle being used with bumper plates before I go scouring craigslist.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:45 AM   #23
Brian Strump

Profile:

You can, however some of the cheaper bars you find at Dick's aren't safe with much more than 300lbs on them.

We get our bar from Muscle Driver, or York. Our first 5 were Pendlay($300-450/ea) however the rest were about $200 w/shipping, and still rated for 1000-1500lbs.

I wouldn't waste $50-100 per crappy bar from Craigslist. It'll add up soon enough.