CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #751
Tim Huthert

Profile:
Re: CFSB questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Cloutier View Post
a net battle?
Is that like breakdance fighting?!?!?

Anyway, Mr. Ashman has a very high opinion of himself - you should see him under his alias at eye gee exx
Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #752
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

A crossfitter on aye ghee ecks? Blasphemer.

Last edited by Jamie J. Skibicki : 01-08-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: I particularly enjoy andro fridays
Old 01-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #753
Tim Huthert

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
A crossfitter on aye ghee ecks? Blasphemer.
I saw a doosh doing a handstand at McDonalds - that is blasphemy.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #754
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Deleted
Old 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #755
Jay Ashman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Christensen View Post
Exactly. Great post J.

And I would like to apologize to Jay...my posts come off really mean and jerkish and I don't mean them that way. Jay, sorry for offending you...and like you said, we'll agree to disagree because I have very different ideas on what you're saying.
dude no worries at all, I don't get offended like that, there is more than one way to look at training and more than one way to skin a cat. But steroids aren't a cop out, I used to do them myself when I was playing ball, I know how they work... and I didn't take off 7 years... just a few.

Tim, I don't post on eye gee x whatsoever. I don't post there, not a member there (maybe I did sign up a while ago under an old nickname jay_volatile but I have zero posts there and I don't think I ever confirmed the account actually), so please don't spread around false information. So if you think I have a high opinion of myself, that is your problem. So please tell me what alias I am using so I can tell that alias to stop pretending it is me.

I come off like a dick too at times, Stu, its just that I am very direct and opinionated but I am remarkably able to listen to people and admit if I am wrong, what we had here isn't necessarily a I am right/you are wrong issue, it was probably just a massive misunderstanding that blew up into something it should not have. So my apologies for that happening as well.

And Tate did write about it, I searched it out myself afterwards. So you are right about that.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #756
Gordon Cooke

Profile:
Re: CFSB - Ask your questions here!

Jay/Stu, congrats to both of you. It takes a big man to apologize. I have been following this thread and I agree that it looks like more of a misunderstanding and difference of opinion that blew up into a war of words. I've read posts in the past from both of you and I think you both are knowledgeble and have great ideas to bring to the boards. Thanks for bringing the personal attacks to a close.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #757
Darrell E. White

Profile:

Gentlemen, the mods did us no favors by moving this thread into the CFSB "sticky". If you go back and peruse the previous, oh, 70 pages or so you'll find them notably devoid of what has gone on over the last 3 or 4.

I am admittedly very, very biased, and more than a little bit protective of this thread as are Kempie and Jeff. Let's get back on track, shall we? Questions pertaining to CFSB (hey Stu, someone gave you a couple of Affiliates publishing CFSB met-cons!) and leave the other stuff in other threads.

Thanks in advance.

--bingo
Old 01-09-2010, 02:42 AM   #758
Jay Ashman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell E. White View Post
Gentlemen, the mods did us no favors by moving this thread into the CFSB "sticky". If you go back and peruse the previous, oh, 70 pages or so you'll find them notably devoid of what has gone on over the last 3 or 4.

I am admittedly very, very biased, and more than a little bit protective of this thread as are Kempie and Jeff. Let's get back on track, shall we? Questions pertaining to CFSB (hey Stu, someone gave you a couple of Affiliates publishing CFSB met-cons!) and leave the other stuff in other threads.

Thanks in advance.

--bingo
don't forget about the hybrid metcon thread here as well, there are some gems in there.

Last edited by Jay Ashman : 01-09-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #759
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ashman View Post
dude no worries at all, I don't get offended like that, there is more than one way to look at training and more than one way to skin a cat. But steroids aren't a cop out, I used to do them myself when I was playing ball, I know how they work... and I didn't take off 7 years... just a few.
Sorry, I misunderstood you saying you hadn't squatted 400+ in 7 years as 7 years off. My mistake. As for the steroids, yes they work, the difference is use of them and abuse of them - even people who take them don't necessarily take the proper precautions of PCT etc and small amounts still mess up their systems - which is irresponsible - never take anything without knowing what it does, doesn't do, and how to deal with all aspects of it. This includes things like the birth control pill etc - they are all hormones externally taken into the body. Sorry, that was a ramble...I'll stay on topic.

Thanks for the links. I did see the two affiliate links posted up in the thread about some heavier type movements but they are not what I'm looking for. I will keep searching on my own...
Old 01-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #760
Jay Ashman

Profile:

go to Hybrid Athletics, forum and look up their trainer workouts... get some ideas from there.