CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 07-29-2008, 08:33 AM   #11
Tom Nguyen

Profile:
Re: Clean and Snatch

Thank you so much for everyone who's taken the time to watch the video and commented. I'm definitely going to work on the lifts and will repost some videos in 1-2 months to document if there's any positive changes (and hopefully new PRs!)

First thing to work on will be to fix that early arm pull and concentrate on getting a shrug. I'll incorporate the tall/high hang (are they one in the same?) snatches/cleans. Honestly, the only movements I've done to train the two lifts are the lifts themselves.. (which probably shows with the early arm pull!)

Thanks again, guys - much appreciated.

Tom
Old 07-30-2008, 11:44 PM   #12
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Nice work, Tom. All I can really see is not finishing the hip extension. I see a bit of the arms but I'm not very knowledgeable about that part.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #13
Paul Szoldra

Profile:

The biggest thing in the Clean vid... pulling with the arms vice shrugging with your shoulders.

I noticed because I have the same problem. To fix this, Coach Burgener had me drop the weight to only about 55lbs.

Start at the hang position. All you are going to do is Shrug and jump, shrug and jump, and then immediately clean. Do this over and over again and you will notice immediately on your clean when you are not shrugging. You can get away with it now, but as you move up in weight, you will not be able to do it because you are trying to muscle the bar.

Also, move your hands out about another thumbs length on each side.

Breathing... inhale shrug and jump, exhale, inhale shrug and jump, exhale, inhale CLEAN drop to squat push up with your elbows and exhale up.

Get your form perfect in the hang position and then develop it more and more and as you get better, then move to clean and snatching from the floor.

Good luck.