CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Trampas Hutches

Profile:
Who does IF? What is your program?

I have been doing IF for a month and a half. I have seen really good gains/losses. One I have felt way better and two Have lost 3% BF.

I try to follow the zone to a T as far as favorable foods and meal blocks (ie 5 block meal)while eating. I usually start fasting @ 8pm then have a 5 block meal the next day @ 11 am. I work-out @ 12:15 for about an hour (SS, CF, SS, off, CF, SS, CF off). Then I have a 3-4 block mini meal @ 2 pm. Then 2-3 block snack @4pm 5 block meal @ 6pm and then 3 block snack of long lasting protein @ 8pm. It all varies on what I did that day...strength day more protein than normal etc.

I will then pick 2 random days a week to not IF but still Zone to keep body guessing a little.

How does everyone else IF? Do you Zone while eating?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
Nick Hanson

Profile:
Re: Who does IF? What is your program?

I IF occasionally. Generally Its not something that is super planned. Maybe once or twice a week. Most of the time I do it when I know that I am going to have a tight schedule to make breakfast. Because of the partial fast I don't worry too much about zone proportions as long as I get in plenty of fat and my normal amount of protein. I love breakfast, so that's why I don't do it more often.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Derek Weaver

Profile:

Re: Who does IF? What is your program?

Completely haphazardly. Somedays 24 hours +... Others 15 hour... Others I eat normally. Weekends are almost always a more "normal" eating pattern.

Tinkering around with Zone-ish approach again looking to optimize performance (taking Robb Wolf's advice with about half the "blocks" shuttled to the PWO window).

Not a huge fan of the Zone, but whatever will help me get closer to my goals as I stagnate, I'll try.

IF and can work very well, though in a short feeding window that can be a butt load of carbs.